- Tonight's WWE SmackDown opens up with Byron Saxton, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler on commentary. They announce Roman Reigns vs. Big Show tonight. Also, the Casket Match between Kane and Daniel Bryan.
Triple H jokingly welcomes us to Monday Night RAW but corrects himself. He talks about the snow storm and how WWE was forced to postpone RAW. Fans boo and Triple H agrees with them. He says WWE doesn't like to be told what to do. Triple H brags on the WWE Network's 1 million subscribers, which gets mostly cheers from the crowd. Triple H has two words for the subscribers... thank you. Triple H welcomes Hartford to Thursday SmackDown and gets a big pop. Triple H says it's been a controversial week coming out of the Royal Rumble. He brings up the "Deflategate" and the NFL Super Bowl. Triple H says apparently Roger Goodell and the NFL have a problem with their balls. Triple H jokes about balls. Triple H says one thing about WWE, they have never had a problem with their balls. Triple H says unlike Goodell, when he has a problem he handles it. He says he's going to deal with a current problem at WWE Fast Lane - Sting. Sting's name gets a big pop.
Triple H promises he will go face to face with his problem at Fast Lane and resolve it. Triple H says there is other controversy coming out of the Rumble. Fans boo. Triple H says the match with Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins was one of the best matches he's ever seen. He says Rollins proved he's the future of the industry. Fans boo John Cena's name. Triple H says Cena proved to the world he's the past. Triple H says Lesnar proved he's The Beast and is still the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Triple H says that match wasn't the problem, the problem was the Rumble match itself. He says the building was rumbling and he'd never felt anything like it in his life. He says fans were going crazy, going nuts, it was electric. He said the next day, it got worst and everyone was talking about it, it was all over the news. Triple H says if you don't know what he's talking about... we see a video of how Roman Reigns eliminated Big Show and Kane at the same time, The Rock returned to help and then Reigns won by eliminating Rusev. We come back to some boos. Triple H says he's going to put an end to the controversy this Monday at RAW. He will make an announcement that will likely shake the WWE Universe to its core. Roman Reigns' music hits and out he comes through the crowd to a mixed reaction but it sounds like mostly cheers.
Reigns comes face to face with Triple H. The boos start when Reigns starts talking. He says he sees no controversy because he won the match and is going to WrestleMania. Triple H says yes, you won that match but let's see if you win this one... out comes Big Show as we go to commercial.
Roman Reigns vs. Big Show
Back from the break and the match is underway. Reigns dodges and moves. Show takes him to the corner but misses a splash. Reigns comes back with clotheslines in the corner. Reigns goes for a suplex but Show counters with one of his own. Show scoop slams Reigns and takes him back to the corners. Show keeps control and tosses Reigns across the ring. Reigns counters a move and takes Show's knee out. Reigns mounts Show with right hands in the corner and there is a big mixed reaction. Reigns works on the leg and Show pushes him off. Show takes back control but Reigns clotheslines him over the top rope as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Show is in control after hitting a spear during the commercial. Show works on the leg but Reigns fights free and sends Show over the top rope with a botch. Reigns with the big dropkick outside of the ring. Show rolls Reigns back in the ring. Reigns with clotheslines that don't phase Show. Reigns finally takes Show down and fans boo as he hulks up. Reigns with a Samoan Drop. Show rolls to the floor. Reigns runs the apron and nails Show on the floor. Reigns lands on his knee and continues to sell a leg injury. They come back in the ring and Reigns goes for a Superman punch but Show turns it into a chokeslam for a close 2 count. Show climbs to the top rope but Reigns nails a Superman punch while he's climbing. Show still hasn't fell so Reigns hits another Superman punch. Show is still teetering on the top so Reigns press slams him to the mat. Reigns gets ready for the spear and fans boo big time. Reigns nails a spear on Show for the win and another mixed reaction.
Winner: Roman Reigns
- After the match, we go to replays. We come back to Reigns in the ring with the WrestleMania banner hanging in the background. Cole says if there's one way for Reigns to silence his critics, it's to beat top Superstars like Big Show.
- We come back to a shot of Reigns celebrating some more. Still to come, Bryan vs. Kane in a Casket Match. Back to commercial.
- We come back and get the Arnold Schwarzenegger WWE Hall of Fame video.
- Seth Rollins makes his way out with Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. Rollins says he proved at the Royal Rumble just how good he really is. Rollins says he was one second away from pinning John Cena and becoming the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Rollins says he stuck a dagger right into the heart of The Beast and broke Brock Lesnar's ribs. Rollins says he didn't walk out with the title but he still has the future within reach and raises the briefcase. Rollins says he feels good and is out here to issue an open challenge to anyone in the building.
Rollins brags about how nobody can beat him. The music hits and out comes Ryback to answer the challenge. He hits the ring and looks to go for Rollins but Mercury and Noble make the save. They beat Ryback down 3 on 1. Erick Rowan runs out and levels The Stooges at ringside. He gets on the apron but Rollins nails a kick to the head. Rollins goes back to work on Ryback. Dolph Ziggler is out next to a big pop. Ziggler nails Rollins and they go to the floor. Ziggler goes down and Rollins goes back in the ring. Ryback grabs him for Shellshocked but The Stooges make the save. They pull Rollins to safety. They go to leave but Rowan grabs them. Rollins runs back and shoves Rowan into the apron, allowing The Stooges to retreat with him.
- We go backstage to Kane and the casket, with some funeral music playing at first. Kane says he's putting an end to Daniel Bryan tonight and taunts Bryan. When Kane puts Bryan in the casket and shuts the lid, all he will see is beautiful darkness, all he will feel is the casket squeezing the life out of him and all he will hear is heart threatening to beat out of his chest. Kane goes on and says there will be no escape but soon enough, Bryan will reach his final destination. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust... may God have mercy on Bryan's soul because The Devil's favorite demon will not.
- Still to come, John Cena will address Rusev.
Jey Uso vs. Tyson Kidd
We go to the ring and out come WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and they go at it. Naomi is at ringside with Jimmy Uso. Natalya is also at ringside with Cesaro. Kidd takes control in the corner and stomps away on Uso's leg. Kidd with a leg submission now. Kidd continues working on the leg.
Uso sends Kidd out of the ring. Kidd comes back to the apron but gets knocked off with a big right hand. Uso runs the ropes for a dive but Kidd kicks him in the head. Kidd comes off the top but rolls through. Uso nails a Samoan Drop. Cesaro distracts Uso on the apron, leading to Jimmy running over and taking Cesaro out. Kidd goes back to Jey's bad knee and hits his fisherman's neckbreaker for the win.
Winner: Tyson Kidd
- We go back to Kane and the casket. He's just staring at it. That match is still to come, Up next, Cena will address Rusev. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and WWE United States Champion Rusev is in the ring with Lana. We see the graphic for Rusev vs. John Cena at WWE Fast Lane. Rusev says everyone saw what happened at the end of the Royal Rumble. Rusev says he should have been the winner. Lana also speaks in Russian as they're both upset and pacing around. Rusev says he should be facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31. Rusev says he is the most dominant Superstar, our United States Champion. Fans boo as he raises the title. A big "USA" chant starts but Rusev doesn't want to hear it. Rusev says he's been given a man from the past, a man who has no titles - John Cena. Rusev says Cena has no hunger, no desire and is not the Superstar that he is. Rusev says Cena is a loser. Rusev says Cena doesn't belong in the ring with him and the music interrupts. Out comes Cena to a pop.
Cena says he doesn't see eye to eye with fans all the time but he believes everyone can agree on this - he will shut Rusev's mouth for him if he doesn't be quiet. Cena says Rusev needs a lesson in respect. Cena says Rusev has crushed everything in his path but just made the biggest mistake of his life by saying what he just said about Cena. Cena brags about his career highlights and says love it or hate it, he's the face who runs the place. Cena says he was holding onto the US Title before Rusev had pubes and before Lana had boobs. Cena gets hype and challenges Rusev to send Lana back to Tinder and fight him. Cena readies for a fight as does Rusev. Lana tells Rusev not to waste his time on Cena. Rusev talks trash to Cena but backs out of the ring with Lana. Fans boo. Cena takes the mic and says he is not a waste of time and will beat Rusev at Fast Lane. Cena says at Fast Lane, the champ will be here. Cena tosses the mic to a pop as his music hits. Rusev and Lana look on talking trash as Cena celebrates.
- Paige vs. Nikki Bella for the Divas Title is announced for Fast Lane. Renee Young is backstage with Paige to react to the match. The Bella Twins show up and start picking on her skin. Paige attacks but they beat her down and leave her laying. Back to commercial.
Goldust and Stardust vs. The Ascension
Back from the break and out comes Goldust with Stardust. Konnor and Viktor of The Ascension are out next. We get a sidebar video from earlier today with The Ascension talking about destroying The New Age Outlaws at the Royal Rumble. They rip Goldust and Stardust, saying they're sending them back to space.
Back and forth between Viktor and Stardust to start. Stardust gets the upperhand and they lock up again. Back and forth again. Stardust nails Konnor but Viktor beats him down. Konnor tags in and keeps up the attack on Stardust. Konnor with a big uppercut and a knee to the back of the head against the ropes. Viktor comes back in for some double teaming. Viktor slams Stardust and drops a big right hand for a 2 count. Viktor keeps Stardust down now. Goldust finally gets the tag and unloads on Viktor. Goldust with an atomic drop and a big boot to the head. Goldust with shots in the corner now. Goldust catches Viktor in a big powerslam. Konnor comes in and Goldust takes him out also. Stardust tags himself in and Goldust isn't happy about it. Stardust decks Viktor and springboards at Konnor but Konnor knocks him out of the air. Konnor tags in and Goldust gets knocked off the apron. The Ascension hit Fall of Man for the win.
Winners: The Ascension
- After the match, Goldust crawls in and looks at The Ascension as we go to replays. He checks on Stardust as The Ascension poses in the corner.
- We go back to Kane and the casket again. He laughs and slams the lid. That match is still to come tonight. Back to commercial.
- One of the guys from Wizard Wars on Syfy is backstage doing magic tricks for Zack Ryder, R-Truth, Summer Rae and Alicia Fox. The Miz and Damien Sandow interrupt. The TV host gives props to Sandow and Miz doesn't like it. They do a magic trick and Miz gets an egg smashed on his forehead. They all leave and Miz is upset as Sandow laughs at him.
- We get a backstage promo from Bray Wyatt. He asks what makes us smile - loved ones, money or power, something from your childhood. Wyatt says he's different, he's not like us. Wyatt says he fears nothing, living or dead. Wyatt says after what transpires next, it will be hard for us to ever smile again.
Casket Match: Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out comes Kane with the casket. Kane wheels the casket to ringside as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Daniel Bryan to a big pop. Bryan stops and stares at the casket before entering the ring.
Fans chant for Bryan as the bell rings. Bryan takes Kane to the corner with kicks but Kane quickly turns it around. Kane with a scoop slam and a dropkick to the face. Kane rolls Bryan to the casket and the referees open the lid. Bryan fights his way out of the casket area but Kane still has control. Bryan counters a move and goes to work on Kane's knee to take him down. Fans chant "yes" as Bryan kicks and Kane finally goes down. Bryan asks for the lid to be opened and he tries to get Kane in but Kane fights him off.
Bryan turns it back around and takes Kane to the corner. Bryan mounts Kane with right hands as fans chant. Kane pushes him off but Bryan runs back up. Kane fights him off again and goes for a chokeslam but has to settle for a kick to the gut. Kane asks for the lid to be opened but Bryan counters. Bryan comes close to getting Kane in the casket but Kane gets up and moves out of the way as fans boo. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane has Bryan's face in the apron cover as he hits him with right hands. During the break, Kane took control after Bryan missed a dropkick in the corner. Kane tries to put Bryan in the casket but Bryan barely avoids it. Kane gets closer to putting Bryan in but Bryan fights back with kicks to the head. Bryan runs and gets dropped by a big boot. Kane keeps control and hits the sideslam.
Kane goes to put Bryan in the casket again but Bryan fights him off with elbows. Kane tosses Bryan over the rope and his feet go in but he avoids it. Bryan brings Kane over and has him half way in but Kane freaks out and jumps out before it's closed. Bryan drops Kane on the floor. Bryan goes to the top and nails a splash out to the floor onto Kane. Kane catches Bryan in mid-air and rams him back into the steel ring post. Kane big boots Bryan into the casket but Bryan scrambles half of his body out the other side before Kane can close the lid. Kane puts him down into it and tries to shut the lid but Bryan fights it. Bryan with kicks to the face now. Bryan leaps off the casket but Kane nails him in mid-air. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane shuts Bryan down again. Kane asks for the lid to be opened again and tries to kick Bryan into it. Bryan fights back in the ring and Kane stomps some more. Kane with a headbutt and shots in the corner. Kane drops Bryan and calls for the lid to be opened again. Bryan blocks an attack and runs the ropes for a big clothesline. Bryan rallies and hulks up. Bryan with kicks on Kane as fans chant. Kane ducks the roundhouse kicks but Bryan sends him over the top rope, to the floor. Bryan runs the ropes and nails a big dive to the floor.
Bryan with kicks on the floor. Bryan nails a big dropkick into the barrier and comes up clutching his neck. Bryan with more lefts and rights on the floor. Bryan charges but Kane backdrops him into the timekeeper's area. Kane tosses Bryan over the announce table and the announcers get out of the way. Kane rolls Bryan back over the table and grabs a steel chair. Kane with a big chair shot to the back and another. The casket is opened but Kane slams Bryan's face into the lid. Kane rolls Bryan into the ring. Kane tries to Tombstone Bryan into the casket but Bryan counters and dropkicks Kane on the apron. Kane teeters as Bryan hits another dropkick. The third attempt sees Kane counter and chokeslam Bryan on the mat. Kane rolls Bryan into the casket but Bryan kicks him in the face before it's closed. Bryan applies the Yes Lock while putting Kane into the casket. Bryan has it locked while Kane is half way into the casket. Bryan breaks the hold and goes to close the lid but Kane gets an arm up. Bryan with kicks to the chest. Kane catches a kick and fights his way back into the ring. Kane nails a big clothesline. More counters. They end up on the apron again. Kane takes a kick to the head. Bryan charges and dropkicks Kane into the casket. Bryan closes the lid and wins the match.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Bryan celebrates as a big "yes!" chant starts in the crowd. We see the crowd chanting along with Bryan before going to a replay of Triple H's promo from earlier where he promised a RAW announcement. Cole and Lawler hype Monday's RAW. We come back to Bryan doing the "yes!" chant from the stage as SmackDown goes off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.