After a roller coaster ride, and accusations of the whole situation being a giant publicity stunt, it's official: Conor McGregor will not headline UFC 200, as Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones II has been booked for the huge event.

Several UFC personalities appeared on today's Good Morning America, where the news was broken. Jones and Light Heavyweight Champ Cormier were originally scheduled to fight at last weekend's UFC 197 event, but Cormier was sidelined with an injury. Jones went on to defeat Ovince Saint Preux to become Interim UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. Cormier was cleared for the fight on Monday.

See Also: Dana White Says Conor McGregor Isn't Back On UFC 200, Compares Situation To 'Step Brothers' Movie

Featherweight Champion McGregor and the UFC have been playing a high stakes game of chicken for weeks now, as McGregor was pulled from the show for not being willing to fulfill media obligations of his planned UFC 200 bout against Nate Diaz. McGregor tweeted earlier in the week to say he was back on the card, which ended up not being true.

As is turns out, Nate Diaz wasn't interested in remaining on the card either. The former 155-pound title challenger said at a press conference last week that if he wasn't fighting Conor McGregor on the card, he was taking a 'vacation.'

The show looks to be one of the most loaded UFC has ever produced. Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar will rematch for the interim Featherweight Championship, while Miesha Tate defends the Women's Bantamweight Championship. Former title holders Cain Velasquez and Johny Hendricks are also set for the show.

Follow Sean Ross Sapp on Twitter at @SeanRossSapp. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.