Apparently we're in a new era in the WWE, and if the Youtube numbers are any indication, the main event angle appears to be working.
On both last week's Raw and Smackdown, the feud between The Club and The Family monopolized the top spots, with it getting two on Smackdown. Last week's Raw six-man tag main event did particularly strong numbers, cracking three million views.
Other segments that did exceptionally well include Chris Jericho's potted plant beatdown of Dean Ambrose, as well as the Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon announcement of the aforementioned 'new era.'
The United States Championship top contender battle royal did exceptional numbers, landing at number two on the Raw rankings. Battle Royals seem to do really good numbers on WWE's Youtube page, as one they've posted has over 40 million views, making it their most watched video ever.
Women's wrestling segments continued to under-perform, as three female spots fell well below average. The Big Cass and New Day segments were also in the bottom half, a big drop from the #3 spot they previously enjoyed.
It's worth noting that the Monday Night Raw clips have had a full week to accumulate numbers, while the Smackdown shot has only had a few days. This week we've opted to not include debut vignettes from Raw, which generally do low numbers. For reference, the Bob Backlund - Darren Young vignette did 170,751 viewers, and the Colon's from Raw did 109,755.
We'll update this week's rankings on Sunday. You can check out our Wrestling Inc. Podcast where we review this show at this link, and the full Youtube rankings for last week's Raw and Smackdown below.
Raw Rankings for 5/2
1. The Family vs. The Club (3,231,354)
2. US Title Contender Battle Royal (1,900,518)
3. Stephanie McMahon cancels "The Ambrose Asylum" (1,843,907)
4. Shane and Stephanie McMahon celebrate Raw's New Era (1,503,000)
6. New Day Address Enzo Amore's injury (983,954)
7. New Day & Big Cass vs. Vaudevillains & Dudley Boyz (957,261)
Smackdown Rankings for 5/5
1. The Family vs. The Club (1,659,227)
5. Sami Zayn on 'The Highlight Reel' (595,674)
6. Vaudevillains vs. Social Outcasts
7. Becky Lynch & Natalya vs. Charlotte & Emma (483, 108)