Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live SmackDown Viewing Party. Please enter your ongoing feedback of tonight's show in the 'Comments' section below.
Also, make sure to join us right after the show for a LIVE WINC Podcast interview with Diamond Dallas Page!
- Michael Cole is out to talk to Dean Ambrose about Money in the Bank. Ambrose says he belongs wherever danger is, but is interrupted by Kevin Owens. Owens isn't happy about Cole being there. Owens says his piece about winning Money in the Bank, and is interrupted by Sami Zayn, who says the same. Alberto Del Rio comes out, and Zayn says he has to get past Zack Ryder tonight first. Owens attacks Zayn from behind. Dean Ambrose tries to get Zayn with Dirty Deeds, but he escapes.
Money in the Bank qualifying match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Zack Ryder
Ryder comes out aggressively, but eats a snap suplex and a running boot to the mush. Del Rio and Ryder trade strikes in the corner before a Ryder flapjack. Ryder gets a wrecking ball dropkick and a neckbreaker outside the ring as we go to the break. We come back to see Del Rio land a big kick, but Ryder fights back with a jawbreaker and a Broski Boot. Ryder gets sent into the turnbuckle going for the Rough Ryder and kicked in the spine. Ryder avoids the double foot stomp and hits the Rough Ryder, but ADR rolls out of the ring. Del Rio comes back in and applies the armbar for the submission win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio via submission (armbar)
- Enzo & Cass come out, but are interrupted by the Dudley Boyz. Enzo Amore cuts a promo saying he's like Google Maps and isn't afraid to address anything, and that he's NOT like Willy Wonka and won't sugarcoat anything. Big Cass says he's ready to throw them a beat down. The Dudley Boyz pretend like they want to fight, but say they'll do it on Raw.
United States Championship
Rusev (c) (w/ Lana) vs. Kalisto
Rusev makes Eden introduce him first. Kalisto kicks away at Rusev, but is swatted down, mid-air on a springboard attempt. Rusev proceeds to slam the hell out of Kalisto, working his back over. Kalisto then slams Rusev, which is super good psychology. Rusev doesn't sell it but is shocked, and getting huracanrana'd twice. Kalisto springboard moonsaults to the outside, but Rusev kicks out at two. Kalisto gets hung in the tree of woe, but avoids the charging Rusev. He dropkicks Rusev's knee, but Rusev gets that same knee up on a 450 attempt. Rusev kicks Kalisto in the head and applies the Accolade for the submission.
Winner: Rusev via submission (The Accolade) to retain the United States Championship
Titus O'Neil makes the save for Kalisto after the match, getting in Rusev's face.
- We see the Charlotte/Ric Flair segment, with several stars explaining their feelings. "Maybe Ric Flair taught you everything you know. But maybe he didn't teach you everything he knows."- Dean Ambrose.
Dana Brooke vs. Natalya
Winner: Natalya via DQ
Natalya almost locks Charlotte in the Sharpshooter, but Dana Brooke attacks her. The two double team Natalya and beat her down.
- Renee Young interviews AJ Styles, who says he feels like it's been an uphill battle to prove he belongs int he WWE. He talks about how close he was to becoming world champion, but he failed. Styles says he doesn't know what's next for him.
Golden Truth vs. Breezango
Major canned reactions on this one. Truth unloads with strikes, but gets whipped into a Fandango kick. Truth fights back, but Goldust is knocked off the apron and can't be tagged. Goldust tries to rescue Truth, but the ref stops him. Breeze cheats by Super Model Kicking Truth for Fandango to get the pin.
Winners: Breezango via pinfall (Super Model Kick)
After the match backstage, Golden Truth are trying to cheer each other up when Breezango come up and make fun of them. Breeze said that Goldylocks fell off the beanstalks and broke all his eggs. Golden Truth agree to give it another go.
- Seth Rollins comes out, says he's back and asks if the crowd missed him. They cheer, he laughs at them and leaves.
The Miz (c) (w/ Maryse) vs. Cesaro
Cesaro slaps Miz in the face, dropkicks him to the outside and hits a somersault senton to the outside of the ring. Cesaro goes for an inside-out superplex, but Miz drops his arm across the top rope. Miz goes to work on the heavily taped arm of Cesaro. Miz boots Ceasro in the face, but Cesaro uses his good arm to get some uppercuts in. A pop-up European uppercut doesn't finish off Miz, who scores another boot.
Maryse removes the top turnbuckle pad, but Cesaro scores with a spinning European Uppercut. Cesaro follows up with several more, but Miz reverses a Neutralizer. He's placed in a Sharpshooter, but gets to the ropes. Miz scampers out of the ring, but Cesaro uppercuts him and gets a cross body for two. Cesaro is sent shoulder first into the ropes and hit with a Skull Crushing Finale. Miz wins.
Winner: The Miz via pinfall (Skull Crushing Finale) to retain the Intercontinental Championship