Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- There have been increased rumors and speculation on Ring of Honor star Moose possibly signing with WWE this year. The former NFL star will see his ROH contract expire in a few weeks, as will former ROH Champion Roderick Strong, who was also on WWE's radar at one point. WWE had interest in Moose as recent as 2015 and with the company loading up on talents for the brand extension, it's possible they try to pick both men up.
- As noted, Cody Rhodes will be wrestling Mike Bennett on August 26th and Kurt Angle on August 27th for the Northeast Wrestling promotion in New York. Cody could be making regular appearances for NEW as promoter Mike O'Brien is helping to book him and was very close with Cody's dad Dusty Rhodes. Cody recently tweeted a list of potential opponents that included Angle, Bennett, The Young Bucks, Chris Hero, Dalton Castle, Adam Cole and others. There's speculation that the Hero match could come at EVOLVE 66 on August 19th in Joppa, MD but that has not been announced by the promotion. Cody has told people working on his bookings to get matches with as many people on that list as possible. According to those close to Cody, right now he's very adamant about showing everyone what he thinks he can do.
- Below are recent WWE attendance figures:
* May 26th in Lakeland, FL for WWE NXT drew a sellout of 350 fans
* May 27th in Cocoa Beach, FL for NXT drew 250 fans
* May 27th in Springfield, IL drew 2,600 fans (Roman Reigns tour)
* May 28th in Peoria, IL drew 2,200 fans (Roman Reigns tour)
* May 28th in Winnipeg drew 6,000 fans (Dean Ambrose tour with Chris Jericho)
* May 29th in Madison, WI drew 2,300 fans (Roman Reigns tour)
* May 29th in LaCrosse, WI drew 3,500 fans (Ambrose tour)
* May 30th in Green Bay for RAW drew a sellout of 8,000 fans
Subscribe to The Wrestling Observer by clicking here. Each issue has coverage and analysis of all the major news, plus history pieces. New subscribers can also receive free classic issues.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.