- If you forgot about the third UFC card in less than a week, don't worry, we have you covered with complete results from UFC Fight Night 91. The card marked the first time the Octagon has set up shop in South Dakota.
Tony Ferguson, ranked third in the lightweight division, survived the upset bid of Landon Vannata, earning a second round submission with a D'arce choke. Vannata, who was unbeaten entering the fight, landed a series of bone-crunching shots that sent Ferguson to the ground in the first round.
Other winners included Tim Boetsch, Daniel Omielanczuk, Keita Nakamura and Louis Smolka. Ferguson and Vannata earned "Fight of the Night," while Lineker and Louis Smolka each picked up "Performance of the Night" bonuses.
Complete results can be found below:
* John Lineker def. Michael McDonald via KO (strikes) at 2:43 of Round 1
* Tony Ferguson def. Landon Vannata via submission (D'arce choke) at 2:22 of Round 2
* Tim Boetsch def. Josh Samman via TKO (strikes) at 3:49 of Round 2
* Daniel Omielanczuk def. Oleksiy Oliynyk via majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
* Keita Nakamura def. Kyle Noke via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:59 of Round 2
* Louis Smolka def. Ben Nguyen via TKO (strikes) at 4:41 of Round 2
* Katlyn Chookagian def. Lauren Murphy via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
* Sam Alvey def. Eric Spicely via submission (guillotine choke) at 2:43 of Round 1
* Cortney Casey def. Cristina Stanciu via TKO (strikes) at 2:36 of Round 1
* Scott Holtzman def. Cody Pfister via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* Rani Yahya def. Matthew Lopez via submission (arm-triangle choke) at 4:19 of Round 3
* Alex Nicholson def. Devin Clark via KO (strike) at 4:57 of Round 1
- Conor McGregor and Holly Holm each picked up ESPY Awards Wednesday night during the ceremony. McGregor, the reigning UFC featherweight champion, topped fellow champion Robbie Lawler and several boxers in the "Best Fighter" category, while Holm won "Best Upset" for her performance vs. Ronda Rousey last year.
McGregor, who faces Nate Diaz later this year at UFC 202, topped Lawler, Gennady Golovkin, Roman Gonzalez and Canelo Alvarez in the category. He kept the award in MMA, joining Rousey who picked it up last year. Prior to that, boxers had won the category each year.
Holm won her trophy by besting Middle Tennessee's upset over Michigan State in the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament and Roberta Vinci's victory vs. Serena Williams at the U.S. Open. She was also nominated for "Best Play," but was bested in that category.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.