2K to release collectible NXT Edition of WWE 2K17
NXT is about to step into the spotlight on the grandest virtual stage of them all.
On Thursday, 2K announced details regarding the upcoming release of the collectible NXT Edition of WWE 2K17. The limited edition version – of which only 50,000 copies will be made available worldwide – will shine a spotlight on NXT, the WWE global brand whose presence in WWE video games has grown substantially in recent years.
The NXT Edition of WWE 2K17 will offer grappling gamers a wide variety of exclusive features, from in-game enhancements to collectible WWE memorabilia.
In addition to the WWE 2K17 video game itself, the NXT Edition will include:
* the NXT Enhancement Pack, which includes three playable NXT Superstars (Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews) as well as a 50-percent point bonus at NXT in WWE 2K17's MyCareer mode;
* an exclusive Canvas 2 Canvas lithograph designed by WWE portrait artist Rob Schamberger and autographed by NXT Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura;
* an exclusive eight-inch "Demon" Finn Bálor collectible figurine;
* an exclusive Topps NXT TakeOver: London Mat Relics Card, which will feature one of the Superstars who competed that night as well as an authentic piece of the event's ring canvas; and
* access to all features available in the WWE 2K17 Pre-Order Bonus, including the availability of Goldberg as a playable character.
2K will present these exclusive items in specially designed NXT packaging to house the NXT Edition of WWE 2K17. This creative touch echoes 2K's recent reveal of the official WWE 2K17 and the announcement of Brock Lesnar as the game's featured WWE Superstar.