- MCW Pro Wrestling presents the 16th annual "Shamrock Cup" this Saturday at the MCW Arena, 1000 Joppa Farm RD, Joppa, MD. There will be a special meet and greet with WWE Hall of Famer Sting, Lex Luger and others at 4 pm before the live live action kicks off at 7:30 pm.
* Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jason Kincaid
* Sonjay Dutt vs. Chuck Lennox
* Travis Gordon vs. LSG vs. Facade
* Brandon Scott and Sean Carr vs. The Dixon Line, Robert Locke and Joe Keys (winner of the fall advances)
* First round losers will enter a last chance battle royal for a spot in the Shamrock Cup finale
* And the finale will include the 2015 Shamrock Cup winner Lio Rush
Tickets are available at bit.ly/mcwtix or by calling 888-996-4774.
- Also this Saturday, Cody Rhodes, f.k.a. Stardust, and Brandi Rhodes will be appearing at the The Wrestling Guy Store at 6085 State St. in Huntington Park, CA from 3pm - 5pm. They will be signing autographs and taking photo-ops with fans. You can get more information or purchase tickets by clicking here.
- USA Today has a story here about WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley helping with the KultureCity non-profit, which benefits people with autism.
- Lucha Mexico opens this weekend in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, El Paso, Houston, New Orleans, Phoenix, San Diego, Santa Fe, Seattle and more. You can get more details about the film here, below is a synopsis:
In Mexico, the fight between good and evil has been waged every week for decades, thrilling generations of fans with the spectacle of Lucha Libre. Real-life superheroes and villains, these masked wrestlers put their lives on the line night after night to entertain the legions of fans. Gaining unprecedented access to all the major Lucha promotions, Alex Hammond and Ian Markiewicz offer an entertaining, no holds barred look at some of the sport's top performers, featuring the "1000% Guapo" Shocker, Luchador heir Blue Demon Jr, the tragic hardcore wrestler El Hijo Del Perro Aguayo, and extreme American bodybuilder Jon "Strongman" Andersen. LUCHA MEXICO goes behind the mask, on a journey into the heart of Mexico.