Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Viewing Party. We will be providing live ongoing coverage of tonight's SmackDown, while you all can chime in with your thoughts throughout the show.
Keep hitting REFRESH on your browser to get the most up-to-date results.
- Tonight's WWE SmackDown opens with Charly Caruso approaching Randy Orton backstage. She mentions the main event against Alberto Del Rio tonight and asks how he's staying focused on Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. Orton says Lesnar may be big and bad but it only takes one RKO to get to Viperville. Del Rio appears and says Viperville sounds like a joke, something like Disneyland. Orton offers Del Rio a VIP experience but warns him that it's a bumpy ride with a helluva landing. Del Rio threatens to break Orton's arm and walks off. We go to the SmackDown opening video.
We get a look back at last week's show when Ziggler and Rowan took out Dolph Ziggler and WWE Champion Dean Ambrose. Wyatt wants to make something clear - he did not fall to Ziggler last week, he was a victim. He says Ziggler was desperate. Wyatt says Ziggler ran him into the steel and everything went black for him after that. Wyatt says he is a god and no matter how Ziggler tries, he can never kill a god. Wyatt goes on and says this is his show now. Fans boo. Wyatt says there is no red or blue, this is him against the whole damn world. The music interrupts and out comes WWE Champion Dean Ambrose to a pop.
Ambrose calls Wyatt's promos biblical mumbo-jumbo and knocks them both. He says it sounds like Wyatt is being a big baby. Ambrose says SmackDown belongs to the people and the WWE Champion, not Wyatt. Wyatt laughs at him and challenges him to come in the ring. This leads to Ziggler coming out. He stops by Ambrose but quickly rushes the ring and gets beat down. Ambrose begrudgingly makes the save but also gets beat down. Ambrose comes back and sends Rowan over the top. Bray grabs Ambrose for Sister Abigail but Ziggler tries to make the save with a superkick, hitting Ambrose instead. Ziggler freaks out at the accident and knocks Rowan off the apron but eats Sister Abigail. The Wyatt Family heads to the back together as Ambrose and Ziggler recover in the ring.
- Still to come, Orton vs. Del Rio. Also, American Alpha will be in action. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Ambrose is backstage with Ziggler. Ambrose isn't sure that the superkick wasn't an accident. They come face to face when Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon get in between. They announce a tag team match for later tonight.
American Alpha vs. Mike Vega and Mikey O'Shea
We go to the ring and out comes Chad Gable and Jason Jordan. Local wrestlers Mikey O'Shea and Mike Vega wait in the ring. Before the match can begin, The Ascension's music hits and out comes Konnor and Viktor. The Vaudevillains' music hits and out comes Simon Gotch and Aiden English. Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley are out next as The Hype Bros. also want to watch the match.
American Alpha makes quick work of their opponents and hit a double dropkick to send O'Shea to the floor. Jordan launches Vega and nails him in the corner before tagging in Gable for the double team and the win.
Winners: American Alpha
- After the match, Gable and Jordan celebrate as the other teams watch. They hit the apron and surround Gable and Jordan before hitting the ring. A big brawl breaks out and it comes down to American Alpha and The Vaudevillains. Gable and Jordan clear the ring and stand tall as their music hits.
- Still to come, Eva Marie's "spectacular" debut. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Renee Young is at the SmackDown Live table with Maryse and WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz. She leads us to a video package on his SummerSlam opponent Apollo Crews. We come back and Miz is only interested in talking about his wife. Renee sends us back to the announcers.
Becky Lynch vs. Eva Marie
The bell rings and Eva has a staged wardrobe malfunction. The referee calls for a towel to cover her up and she leaves the ring. Fans boo. It's announced that Eva cannot compete due to a wardrobe malfunction and Becky gets upset. Becky is interviewed in the ring and talks about how she's always prepared to fight when she steps in the ring. Becky says there's no way she's going to the back two weeks in a row without competing. Becky issues an open challenge and out comes Alexa Bliss with a mic.
Bliss cuts a promo on how she's more than just a pretty face, she's the hottest star on SmackDown. She can't think of a better debut than knocking off SmackDown's first female Draft pick. We go to commercial.
Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch
The match ends when Eva Marie's music hits and she comes out. It's announced she's ready to compete but it's just a distraction, allowing Bliss to roll Becky up for the win.
Winner: Alexa Bliss
- After the match, Eva is interviewed and says she will make her debut next week.
Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio
Back from the break and out comes Randy Orton as we get a look at his recent RKO on Brock Lesnar. Alberto Del Rio is out next.
Back and forth to start. Del Rio works Orton over for several minutes until Orton turns it around and sends Del Rio to the floor on his back. We go to commercial.
We come back and Del Rio turns things around. He nails a Backstabber and goes to work on Orton's shoulder. Del Rio sends Orton to the floor and slams the arm into the steel steps a few times. Del Rio shows off and drops a big right hand for a 2 count. Orton comes back with a dropkick and looks to make another comeback but Del Rio gets the armbreaker over the top rope applied. It's broken and Del Rio goes to the top but Orton crotches him. Orton ends up hitting a superplex but lands on his shoulder.
More back and forth with counters now. Orton blocks the cross armbreaker but Del Rio blocks the RKO. Orton drops Del Rio and readies for the RKO. Del Rio rolls to the floor and fans boo. Orton follows and clotheslines him into the timekeeper's area. Orton takes apart the announce table. Del Rio grabs a steel chair and nails Orton with it for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Randy Orton
- After the bell, Del Rio continues the assault and rolls Orton in the ring. Del Rio follows with the chair and waits for Orton to get up. Orton gets up and nails the RKO outta nowhere to a big pop.
- Rhyno is backstage when Heath Slater walks in. Slater says he needs this job for his kids and because he just bought a pool. Rhyno mentions winning his primary in Michigan last week and says he has constituents to impress, he can't help Slater. We go back to commercial.
- We get a segment from earlier today where WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz rolled up on Scooby-Doo. Scooby locked Miz in the Mystery Machine and drove off in his Audi.
Heath Slater vs. Rhyno
We go to the ring and out comes Heath Slater. If he wins this match, he gets a SmackDown contract. Rhyno is out next.
They lock up and trade holds. Rhyno takes control but Slater turns it around and gets riled up. Slater with a 2 count and another. Slater tries for another pin attempt and then a headlock. Slater slams Rhyno with a hand full of hair and covers for another 2 count. Slater shows some frustration and keeps Rhyno grounded again. Slater goes on and gets caught with his feet on the ropes during a pin. He argues with the referee and turns around to a Gore for the pin.
- After the match, Rhyno stands tall as we go to replays. Slater looks concerned.
- We go to Erick Rowan and Bray Wyatt somewhere in the back. Wyatt asks Rowan to do what he does best tonight - destroy. Rowan slips on his mask and tells us to run.
- Back from the break and Slater is throwing a fit backstage to Shane and Bryan. He calls them losers and says he's out, he was too good for SmackDown anyway. He storms off and they look amused as Shane had a contract in his hand that they were going to offer Slater.
Carmella vs. Natalya
We go to the ring and out comes Carmella with a promo. Natalya made a big mistake last week so tonight, Carmella is going to slap her so hard she goes blind. Carmella keeps talking when Natalya runs out and attacks her. Carmella gets the upperhand and drops Natalya, then brings her in the ring. They brawl and the referee separates them for the bell.
The bell rings and Carmella unloads but Natalya turns it around. Natalya uses the ropes and drops Carmella for a 2 count. Natalya with a pair of snap suplexes and some showing off. Natalya with more offense before keeping Carmella grounded while talking trash. Natalya ends up hitting the big clothesline for a 2 count. She goes for the Sharpshooter but Carmella turns it into the Code of Silence and Natalya taps out.
- After the match, Carmella is shocked at her debut win. She makes her exit as Natalya looks on clutching her throat.
- Still to come, a preview for AJ Styles vs. John Cena. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Renee leads us to a preview for Styles vs. Cena at SummerSlam.
Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt and Erick Rowan
It's time for the main event as Dolph Ziggler makes his way out. WWE Champion Dean Ambrose is out next to a pop. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes The Wyatt Family. The bell rings and they attack, taking control. Wyatt works Ambrose over in the corner while Rowan takes Ziggler to the floor. Ambrose comes back on Wyatt and pounds on him. Ambrose with kicks in the corner as Ziggler tags himself in. They argue and both unload on Wyatt in the corner. Wyatt blocks a neckbreaker from Ziggler and turns it around.
Wyatt keeps control and Rowan gets a shot in as he nails Ziggler with a lariat. Ziggler rolls to the floor as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Wyatt slams Ziggler but misses the senton. Ziggler tags in Ambrose and he unloads on Wyatt. Ambrose with the running bulldog and a shot to Rowan on the apron. Ambrose launches himself out onto Rowan and slams his head into the announce table. Ambrose runs back in and Wyatt drops him with a big clothesline. Rowan tags in and splashes Ambrose for a 2 count. Rowan keeps Ambrose grounded now. Rowan puts Ambrose on top of the turnbuckle and beats on him. Rowan ends up booting Ambrose out to the floor. Wyatt tags in and slams Ambrose into the apron after catching him in mid-air. Wyatt brings Ambrose back in and taunts Ziggler. Wyatt turns upside down in the corner. Ambrose blocks a shot but has Dirty Deeds blocked. More back and forth. Ambrose hits a swinging neckbreaker. Ziggler gets the tag and goes at it with Rowan. Ziggler with a neckbreaker and a shot to Wyatt on the apron. Ziggler drops an elbow for a 2 count. Ziggler goes on and rolls Rowan up for a 2 count. Ziggler with another 2 count after a DDT. More back and forth until Ziggler hits a Zig Zag and Wyatt breaks the pin. Ambrose blocks Sister Abigail and sends Wyatt to the floor. Ambrose nails a dive to the floor. Ziggler and Rowan tangle again. Ziggler nails a superkick for the win.
Winners: Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Ziggler and Ambrose have their arms raised. They look to be on the same page until Ambrose kicks Ziggler and nails Dirty Deeds in the middle of the ring. Fans chant "yes!" as Ambrose grabs the title and his music hits. We go to replays. SmackDown goes off the air with Ambrose looking back at the ring.