Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Viewing Party. We will be providing live ongoing coverage of tonight's SmackDown, while you all can chime in with your thoughts throughout the show.
Keep hitting REFRESH on your browser to get the most up-to-date results.
- Tonight's WWE SmackDown opens up with Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan backstage talking about SummerSlam. Randy Orton appears and Shane has a contract for him to sign to make Sunday's match against Brock Lesnar official. Someone knocks on the door and in comes Heath Slater with a fruit basket for the blue brand bosses. He tosses an apple to Orton. The basket is addressed to Bob but Slater says it was supposed to say boss. Slater mentions standing toe-to-toe with Lesnar on RAW last night. Shane says that was impressive but he dissed them last week. Orton bites into the apple and says he has an idea. We go to the SmackDown opening video.
- We're live from Austin, Texas. Maryse is in the ring with WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz for another episode of MizTV. She gives her husband a grand introduction and fans boo. Miz welcomes us but is quickly interrupted by the music as WWE Champion Dean Ambrose makes his way out to a pop.
Ambrose starts in about how he can't stand Miz's voice and SummerSlam... he's quickly interrupted by Dolph Ziggler making his way out. Ambrose and Ziggler have words and look ready to fight but Miz gets in between them and reminds us this is his show and they are his guests. He invited them to talk, not fight. They end up trading promos as Miz and Maryse watch from the corner. Ziggler lays Ambrose out with a superkick right in the middle of a fiery promo. Ziggler says Ambrose will see he is that damn good on Sunday. Ziggler walks off as his music hits.
- We go to Mauro Ranallo, David Otunga and JBL. Still to come, John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton vs. Heath Slater, who has another shot at a contract. Up next, a twelve-man tag team match. We go to commercial.
The Usos, American Alpha and The Hype Bros. vs. The Vaudevillains, The Ascension and Breezango
Back from the break and The Usos are out first, followed by Chad Gable and Jason Jordan. Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley are out next for their SmackDown debut. The Vaudevillains are out first for their team, followed by The Ascension. Tyler Breeze and Fandango are out last.
Breeze and Gable go at it early on. Viktor tags in and keeps control of Gable, talking trash and dropping him for a quick 2 count. Gable counters and tags in Mojo. He takes out Viktor's leg and nails him in the corner. Ryder tags in for the double team but Konnor makes the save. Everything falls apart and both teams brawl in the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Usos clean house. More chaos with everyone hitting their finishers. The Usos hit double superkicks and then one of them hits a big splash. The finish sees American Alpha drop Aiden English on his head for the win.
Winners: The Usos, American Alpha and The Hype Bros.
- After the match, the babyface tag teams celebrate together in the ring.
- We go backstage to Dean Ambrose and he doesn't look happy. He faces Erick Rowan after the commercial break. Also still to come, Eva Marie's "spectacular" debut. Back to commercial.
Naomi vs. Eva Marie
Back from the break and we see Eva Marie's "wardrobe malfunction" from last week. We go to the ring and out comes Naomi with a new entrance. She's glowing a bunch and dances before passing out glowing swag to the crowd. Eva Marie is out next as the voiceover gives her a grand introduction. The voice immediately announces that Eva is stuck in traffic and will be unable to compete, and she apologizes. Naomi looks upset as JBL rants about how Eva should fire her driver.
- We get a look at some history between Cena and Del Rio. AJ Styles is backstage with Del Rio now. AJ is going to have a front row seat to see Del Rio beat up Cena tonight. Styles goes on about how Del Rio put Cena out of action and Del Rio doesn't want to hear it. Del Rio says he's been beating up Cena for a long time and doesn't need AJ's pep talk. AJ points out how he's in the main event of SummerSlam and Alberto's not even on the card. Styles walks off.
- Still to come, Ambrose vs. Rowan. Also, Orton vs. Slater. Back to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Heath Slater
Back from the break and out comes Randy Orton to a pop. Heath Slater is out next as he looks to win a SmackDown contract. Orton goes to work as soon as the bell hits and doesn't let up.
Orton takes Slater to the corner and unloads on him with right hands. The referee warns Orton but he won't back off and gets disqualified.
Winner by DQ: Heath Slater
- After the match, Orton tosses Slater to the floor as fans cheer. Orton tosses Slater over the announce table into Otunga. Orton keeps control and brings Slater in the ring. He mocks Brock Lesnar dropping Slater with a German and bouncing around. Orton hits the RKO on Slater and ends the segment by standing tall.
- The Wyatt Family graphic flashes and Bray Wyatt announces that they're here. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Slater is receiving medical attention in the back. Shane and Bryan walk in with a contract. Slater is thankful and mentions showing no mercy. Bryan says No Mercy is a good name for their upcoming pay-per-view and thanks Slater. Slater is dazed and starts talking about Holy Foley, thinking Bryan is Mick Foley. He then thinks Shane is Stephanie McMahon, calling him beautiful. Shane takes the contract and they leave.
Erick Rowan vs. Dean Ambrose
Back from the break and Erick Rowan waits in the ring with Bray Wyatt. WWE Champion Dean Ambrose is out next.
The bell rings and Ambrose goes wild but Rowan floors him. Rowan keeps control until Ambrose dropkicks him and sends him to the floor. Ambrose follows but Rowan takes back control and brings him back in for a spinning powerslam as Wyatt looks on from his rocking chair. Ambrose goes to the floor for a breather and Rowan sends him back into the barrier. Rowan keeps control and brings it back in for a 2 count. Rowan dominates until he runs into a big boot. Ambrose sends him out but he comes right back in and misses a big boot in the corner.
Ambrose finally makes a comeback and slams Rowan. Ambrose with the big elbow drop for a 2 count. Rowan eventually hits the spin kick for a 2 count. Rowan mounts Ambrose with right hands. More back and forth. Ambrose with the big slingshot clothesline. Ambrose ends up hitting Dirty Deeds for the win.
Winner: Dean Ambrose
- After the match, Ambrose stands tall with the title as Wyatt looks on, still in the rocking chair. Ambrose leaves and Wyatt just stares at a sheep mask in his hand. He drops it in the chair and walks off with his back to Rowan. Mauro speculates that this could be the end of Rowan and Wyatt.
- Still to come, Cena vs. Del Rio. Also, women's division tag team action. Back to commercial.
Natalya and Carmella start things off going back and forth. Carmella gets the upperhand and taunts Natalya. Natalya catches her in a big clothesline and turns it around. Bliss comes in and keeps Carmella grounded now. Becky finally gets the hot tag and unloads on both opponents. She goes at it with Natalya and gets fired up. She goes on until Eva Marie's entrance starts up and interrupts.
Eva makes her way out to the stage as the voiceover gives her the grand introduction. This is interrupted by Naomi. Naomi chases Eva around the ring and back in. Eva runs right out while Natalya grabs Naomi, sending her out the way she came in. Becky attacks but Natalya rolls her up. This leads to Becky making Natalya tap to the Disarm Her.
Winners: Becky Lynch and Carmella
- After the match, Naomi joins Becky and Carmella in the ring for the celebration.
- Still to come, a look at Lesnar vs. Orton. Back to commercial.
- We come back and Baron Corbin is holding Kalisto's face to a wall backstage. Corbin threatens to continue beating on Kalisto. Officials try to get him off. Corbin says he does what he wants, to who he wants. He jacks Kalisto up again and walks off.
- The announcers hype SummerSlam Week before sending us to a video on Lesnar vs. Orton.
- Carmella, Naomi and Becky vs. Bliss, Eva and Natalya is made for SmackDown.
- We go to the ring and out comes AJ Styles to watch the main event. Back to commercial.
John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio
Back from the break and Styles has joined the announcers. Alberto Del Rio is out next. John Cena makes his way out last to a big pop. They lock up and cautiously go at it to start. Fans do dueling chants for Cena. Cena ducks a leap frog and nails a hip toss. Del Rio goes to the floor for a breather and Cena gets riled up as we go back to commercial.
Del Rio with a big DDT in the middle of the ring for a 2 count. Del Rio hits the corner to taunt Cena fans as they boo him. Back to commercial with Cena down in the middle of the ring.
Back from the break and Cena is making another comeback. Del Rio eventually cuts him off with a Backstabber but that's not enough. Cena catches the superkick and tries to get a hold locked in. Del Rio catches him in a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker.
Del Rio misses the corner enziguri. Cena with a big clothesline that gets an instant replay. Cena goes up but Del Rio hits the enziguri for a close 2 count. Cena counters the cross armbreaker with the STF but Del Rio gets to the bottom rope. Del Rio with a kick to the midsection and then one to the face. Del Rio with another close 2 count. Del Rio slides out of an AA and applies the cross armbreaker in the middle of the ring. Cena powers up and nails a powerbomb. Cena hits the AA and covers for the win.
Winner: John Cena
- After the bell, Cena stands tall and celebrates. AJ springboards in with a Phenomenal Forearm and drops Cena as fans boo. Standing over Cena, Styles takes a mic and says he's tired of hearing about how the future goes through John Cena. Styles says he will be the new face that runs this place when he beats Cena at SummerSlam on Sunday. Most fans boo AJ. AJ says Cena's love for WWE is great because he's going to make his passion his prison. AJ says Cena's time is up and his time is now. AJ drops the mic and goes to leave but comes back and grabs Cena. AJ calls for a Styles Clash but Cena turns it into an AA. Cena stands tall as his music hits. Cena goes to ringside and takes apart the announce table. Cena slams AJ's head into the ring steps. Cena walks up the steps with AJ and drops him through the announce table with an AA. Cena's music starts back up and he returns to the ring to celebrate as we get replays. SmackDown goes off the air with Cena making his exit and AJ down at ringside.