The now-former WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio held a press conference in Mexico City, Mexico shortly following news of 'Mexico's Greatest Export' officially cutting ties with the WWE. Below are some highlights from the event, courtesy of @luchablog and @therealfredo:
* Paige was present at the event
* Del Rio said that he will begin to look for work in the US after being allowed to compete in Mexico today, the 90-day clause is non-existant in his case
* Del Rio revealed his is currently in negotiations with Elite, AAA & CMLL but only wants to take dates with them not sign full-time
* Del Rio contemplated retirement from the ring in the next two years, and plans to spend more time with his father and brother in Luis Potosi
* Del Rio is also in negotiations to become the President of an MMA Promotion, as well as an MMA Commentator
* Del Rio will revert to going by the name 'Alberto El Patron' as WWE owns the Del Rio name
luchablog and Fredo Esparza contributed to this article. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.