Thanks to Leslie Parker and Vince Snyder for the following WWE NXT live event results from today's show near Minneapolis, Minnesota:
* Rich Swann defeated Tino Sabatelli. Big pop for Rich Swann, who danced at the beginning of match. Sabatelli controlled most of the match. Rich wins with a forward senton from the corner
* Peyton Royce defeated Daria. Peyton did a lot of running and the crowd didn't like it. Also a lot of holds in this sloppy match. Peyton got the win with the exploder suplex
* Booby Roode defeated Tye Dillinger after a low blow and his DDT finisher
* Hideo Itami defeated Austin Aries. Aries came out in a Green Bay Packers headband to boos. Hideo raised the hand of a fan wearing a Minnesota Vikings jersey when he comes out. Hideo does his kicks and a fan yells "you kick better than Blair Walsh." Aries later brought a chair to the ring. The referee went to take it, Hideo pulled down Aries' pants and hit him with a GTS
* NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura and No Way Jose defeated Riddick Moss and Samoa Joe. Riddick cut a promo before the match saying leaving this dump (Minnesota) was the best thing he ever did. Nakamura gets the win with the Kinshasa. After the match, he thanks everyone for coming out. They both did the Nakamura pose with the spotlight before leaving.
From Vince Snyder ( @VinceKage ):
Not exactly a packed house but it is a matinee show here in NXT's Minnesota debut. We're at the Roy Wilkins Auditorium. I had floor seats which were delightfully close.
Rich Swann vs. Tino Sabbetelli
Quick match but solid stuff from both guys, Tino got heat just for being up against the over Swann. Swann won with Rolling Thunder.
Winner: Rich Swann
Peyton Royce vs. Daria Berenato
Good match from these two for what it was. Peyton is absolutely adorable and her fastening a flower in the ring announcer's hair was fun. If you don't know, Daria is working an MMA style gimmick so this was a good contrast. Peyton won with the Fisherman's Suplex, which is fitting for a MN show.
Winner: Peyton Royce
Tye Dillinger vs. Bobby Roode
Pretty awesome match, a personal favorite for a lot of people I talked to after the show. The Perfect 10 gimmick is an easy way to get people behind Dillinger, and Bobby Roode's Gloriousness is a sight to see. Roode hit a low blow behind the ref's back and DDT for the win.
Winner: Bobby Roode
He came back to beat Tye down after the match only to eat a Tyebreaker and sell it for a long while.
Austin Aries vs. Hideo Itami
This was exactly what you'd expect, can't wait to see them both go all out on an NXT special. Aries got the cheap heat by wearing a Packers headband. Itami pulled down Aries' Zooba's and hit a GTS for the win. Crowd went crazy for the GTS.
Winner: Hideo Itami
We were set for TM-61 vs. The Revival but Scott Dawson explained he's dealing with a leg injury. We get a singles match to compensate.
Shane Thorne vs. Dash Wilder
This was pretty good for what it's worth but the crowd was still recovering from the last two matches even with intermission in between. Thorne won when the Revival failed to cheat, but the announcer said "Here are your winners... TM-61!"
Winner: Shane Thorne
NXT Women's Championship: Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon
Match of the night for sure, and probably the lengthiest bout. Expect big things from Ember if you haven't been already. Ember went for the diving stunner but Asuka caught her with a knee to the face and then the Asuka Lock.
Winner to retain: Asuka
Main Event: Riddick Moss & Samoa Joe vs. No Way Jose & NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura
Moss is from Minnesota, and usually works as a heel so most people were confused by him hyping up his home state and how happy he was to be back. Luckily he proceeded to bury his home state for the sake of cheap heat, and the crowd proceeded to crap on him. This was especially funny because his family members were right behind me, and I could hear their disdain. Not to mention I saw them in public at a restaurant afterward and hilariously asked Moss for a picture even though I spent the end of the show ripping him to shreds. Wrestling.
Pretty good match minus a few slip-ups from Riddick and a couple from Jose as well. Joe and Nakamura are well-worth the price of any ticket, that's for sure. And just hearing a crowd sing the tune of Naka's theme is fantastic. Joe was very over, Nakamura obviously had the biggest pop of the night, and the crowd was happy to see he and Jose run train on Riddick Moss, finishing with a Kinshasha for the 1, 2, 3.
Winners: No Way Jose & Shinsuke Nakamura