Thanks for joining WrestlingInc's live viewing party of WWE NXT. We will have a full preview of NXT TakeOver: Toronto as we look ahead to Saturday's big event. Click the REFRESH button for the most up-to-date information and hit the SHARE buttons to let others know about our coverage on social media.
- Looks like we will have a few of the matches that didn't make it on the show earlier due to the Dusty Classic. Let's head to the ring for women's division action.
Liv Morgan vs. Peyton Royce
Crowd behind the feisty Jersey Girl and they go straight into fisticuffs, in which the Aussie Royce gets the upper hand. Domination from the long and lanky Royce using her legs for a variety of offense. Morgan fights back with some forearms and avoids a corner attack. Morgan lands a couple big clotheslines followed by a running bull dog. Morgan rolls Royce through and applies a modified Guillotine Choke. Before Royce can tap, Billie Kay comes to the rescue and attacks Morgan.
Winner via Disqualification: Liv Morgan
- After the match, Aliyah comes down from the back to give her buddy Morgan a hand, but the Australian superstars are too much. They slam Morgan face-first into Billie Kay's knee. Aliyah gets sent into the LED board on the apron. Ember Moon then comes down for the rescue and cleans house with a springboard cross body and a barrage of drop kicks. Morgan back in the ring and assists Ember Moon and the faces stand tall to end the segment.
- We take a look back at the feud between Andrade "Cien" Almas and Cedric Alexander. They go head-to-head later tonight.
- Another vignette for "The Return" which happens right after the break. Who or what will it be?
- We take a look back at the results of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic thus far. In the finals at TakeOver, Authors of Pain manager Paul Ellering will be suspended in a shark cage, preventing him from interfering in the match. AOP takes on TM-61 in the finals on Saturday.
- "The Return" is none other than "The Drifter" Elias Samson. He is met with a chorus of boos and a solid "drift away" chant. I assume the guitar being vastly out of tune is part of the heat seeking.
Elias Samson vs. Nathan Cruz
Resounding "let's go jobber" and "Nathan" chants as the bell rings on The Return. When Back and forth action to start, but Nathan able to get control with an arm drag and hold to a pop. The joy is short lived as Samson uses his typical ground and pound offense to wear down Cruz after a nice running knee from the outside. Nathan able to get Samson up in a fireman's carry to tease the upset, but no such luck. Samson slips out and hits his spinning neck breaker for the win.
Winner via Pinfall: Elias Samson
- Backstage with Liv Morgan, Aliyah, Ember Moon. All three girls cut promos on Royce and Kay. Morgan says it's a numbers game, and they're up three to two. They challenge them to find a third and then find them again.
- We get a preview of #DIY vs. The Revival for the NXT Tag Team Championships at TakeOver: Toronto. This match will be a two out of three falls match. Do they get their moment of title glory or does #DIY turn on each other? Look for this match to be a barn burner.
- Promo for Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger. Fantastically produced spot to show that Roode has been talking out of both sides of his mouth. Neat look back at Tye Dillinger's first run in WWE back in 2006 where he was in the new version of ECW. After just a few weeks on TV, he was released. Two of Canada's own will go head-to-head at TakeOver: Toronto.
- Let's head to the ring for our in-ring main event of the evening.
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Cedric Alexander
Almas back in full force with the suspenders and derby cap and even has a bit of pyro on his entrance. Nice pop for Alexander who looks focused for this match-up. Almas playing the smug heel well and Alexander fired up as the ticked off baby face. Almas with the early advantage and takes a moment to pose mid-ring. Alexander takes exception and hits his handstand rana. Cedric uses some thunderous chops much to Almas' chagrin. Almas tries to escape to the outside, but he turns his back and gives Alexander the chance for a double kick through the ropes. Action back in the ring now, Almas able to corner Alexander and send in a chop of his own. Alexander's face changes to one of focus and rage and he shoots a series of stiff forearms Almas' way. Alexander goes for a springboard attack but is met with a vertically elite drop kick as we head to break.
Back from break and the stiff shots continue. Crowd firmly behind the CWC competitor Alexander. Almas slows the pace with more chops and corner work including choking Cedric with the ropes. Almas nails Alexander with what very much resembled a Helluva Kick. Alexander reverses a back body drop and but Almas keeps Cedric at arm's length with more elbow strikes. Extremely snug suplex pins Alexander for a two. Almas locks in an arm bar, but Alexander able to fight out the help of Full Sail Arena. Alexander able goes for a whip but Almas trips him up and hangs him in the rope for a suspending triange. Arm bar applied again, but Cedric makes it to the rope. Alexander hits a chop black drop toe hold and sends Almas face first into the mat just short of the turn buckle. Alexander lays in his trademark springboard enziguri. He follows it up with a tope suicida to the outside. Back in the ring and Alexander makes a cover for a two. Almas reverses an attack for what looks like a cover, but turns it into a power bomb. Cedric out after a near fall. Almas strikes up his version of the band but is met with the Lumbar Check out of nowhere. Almas rolls out of the ring to avoid the cover. Upon return, Almas catches Alexander for a Hammerlock DDT for the win. Fun match.
Winner via Pinfall: Andrade "Cien" Almas
- Preview of the NXT Championship match between Samoa Joe and NXT Champ Shinsuke Nakamura. Their storied and violent rivalry will culminate at NXT TakeOver: Toronto this Saturday.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.