Max Holloway didn't care that Anthony Pettis missed weight for UFC 206. "Blessed" was still eligible to win the interim featherweight title, an that is exactly what he did Saturday night, scoring a third round TKO with just 10 seconds left in the round. Pettis missed weight Friday, coming in three pounds over and was not able to win the belt had he claimed a victory.
Donald Cerrone knocked out Matt Brown in the third round of their welterweight co-main event fight, remaining unbeaten at 170 pounds. Kelvin Gastelum also picked up a finish, stopping Tim Kennedy, while Cub Swanson downed Dooho Choi and Emil Weber Meek topped Jordan Mein.
Check out complete results below:
* Max Holloway def. Anthony Pettis via TKO (strikes) at 4:50 of Round 3 to become interim UFC featherweight champion
* Donald Cerrone def. Matt Brown via KO (head kick) at :34 of Round 3
* Cub Swanson def. Dooho Choi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
* Kelvin Gastelum def. Tim Kennedy via TKO (strikes) at 2:45 of Round 3
* Emil Weber Meek def. Jordan Mein via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
* Misha Cirkunov def. Nikita Krylov via submission (guillotine choke) at 4:38 of Round 1
* Olivier Aubin-Mercier def. Drew Dober via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:57 of Round 2
* Viviane Pereira def. Valerie Letourneau via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
* Matthew Lopez def. Mitch Gagnon via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
* Lando Vannata def. John Makdessi via KO (spinning wheel kick) at 1:40 of Round 1
* Rustam Khabilov def. Jason Saggo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* Dustin Ortiz def. Zach Makovsky via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.