Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com live viewing party of WWE 205 Live. Tonight's episode features a "State of 205 Live" address from the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Neville. Chime in your thoughts on tonight's episode in the comments section below. To let others know about our coverage, hit the SHARE buttons on the page. Click the REFRESH button every few minutes for the most up-to-date info.
- We open up tonight's episode with a look back at the feud between current WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Neville, and his most recent adversary, Gentleman Jack Gallagher. Jack gives a short promo on what to expect from Neville's "State of 205 Live" address.
- The announce team welcomes us and hypes the championship match at WWE Fastlane. We're reminded of the cruiserweight tag match on the WWE Fastlane Kickoff Show as we head to the ring for our first match.
Noam Dar vs. Lince Dorado
As the match gets underway, a badly dressed delivery boy ushers in a bouquet of flowers for Alicia Foxxxxxx. Dorado uses his innovative offense and gets a few near falls before getting tripped up on the apron by Dar. Fox takes a quick bite out of some petals as Dar regains control with an arm submission. Foxy now sharing her flowers with the audience as Rich Swann looks on from the back. Dorado with a back breaker and a running rana. Crisp belly to belly throw from the luchador. Handspring Stunner from Dorado but Dar kicks out. Dorado heads up top but comes up empty. Dar takes out the shin of Dorado and follows it up with a step-up kick for the three count.
Winner via Pinfall: Noam Dar
- After the match, Dar boasts about his girl and the gifts he gave her, which may or may not be true.
- Austin Aries in the ring to conduct an interview with Akira Tozawa. Aries throws it to the titantron for footage of the Tozawa/Kendrick beef. Aries asks why Tozawa why he turned down the offer to be Kendrick's protege. Tozawa simply says he wants to make it on his own. We then turn to the "lessons" that Kendrick has been administering over the past couple weeks. Aries asks what Tozawa plans to do about it, and Tozawa says he wants to fight, and fight right now. Kendrick comes out and says he has a couple questions but also says he won't fight on Tozawa's terms. Kendrick says Tozawa can't make it in WWE without his help. Kendrick takes a shot at Minnesotans and Tozawa's struggles with the English language and dismisses class.
- Back to the ring for a 6-man tag match.
Tony Nese, Drew Gulak, & Ariya Daivari vs. TJ Perkins, Mustafa Ali, & Cedric Alexander
Nice pop for the hometown boy Ariya Daivari. Have Perkins and Nese switch sides, and I think it lines up better. Either way, Ali and Nese get us started. Nese with the spike and a pose. Ali back handsprings his way out of harm's way and hits a deep arm drag on the premiere athlete. Tag made to Alexander and another tag made directly to TJP. Perkins with a slot machine pull to the arm of Nese and the faces keep the quick tags going. The hometown boy gets thrown to the outside along with the rest of the heels and the faces go flying. Perkins looks for an aerial assault, but gets tripped up by Nese. He throws TJP into the announce table and back into the ring for a short count. Daivari tagged in to a nice pop and gets a moment of shine against Perkins. Gulak tagged in and Stretch Armstrong's Perkins in all sorts of ways.
Daivari back in. He uses my favorite move in his arsenal, the hammerlock short-arm clothesline. Double arm submission locked in as Perkins looks for a way out. A mule kick creates some space as tags are made to both teams. Ali and Gulak in and Ali picks up the pace. Roll-through neck breaker from Ali, heads up top, but stopped by Daivari. Ali tries again but gets caught by Gulak into a torture rack toss. Alexander breaks up the cover. Crowd really behind their native son. Nese with a sweet super kick to Perkins and Alexander almost overshoots a suicide dive. Gulak and Ali in the ring. Gulak goes for a corner attack but an Ali elbow stops him in his tracks. Tornado DDT from Ali, inverted 450, cover, but Daivari puts his partner's foot on the rope to break the count. Nese sneaks in and hits a big German Suplex into the turnbuckle but we get a kick out. Alexander breaks up another cover, but Nese and Gulak able to slip Perkins down who was perched on the top. Nese gets the better of the ordeal and hits the "Running Kneese" for the win for his team.
Winners via Pinfall: Tony Nese, Drew Gulak, & Ariya Daivari
- Austin Aries throws it to his own massive (video) package once again.
- Neville comes out for the "State of 205" address. He says we're in need of a history lesson. 205 Live was created to showcase the best cruiserweights, but forgot about him. Because of that, he says chaos ensued and mediocrity was the norm until he showed up and that he saved the show. He says Gallagher is a side show act and the WWE Universe would support him. Neville says he is going to obliterate Gallagher and have a public execution at WWE Fastlane. The gentleman ironically interrupts the champ. A nice chant rings out and Gallagher apologizes for the interruption. Gallagher offers Neville some tea and biscuits, but sadly Neville is in no need of a snack. Neville sends a warning to the challenger. Gallagher toggles his mustache in thought as Neville tells him to leave "his" ring. Jack says the ring isn't Neville's, but is all of the WWE Universe's. Gallagher says since it's theirs, it's time Neville leaves it.
Gallagher delivers a headbutt, but the offense doesn't last long. Neville attacks his challenger, but Gallagher meets him with a properly dubbed pair of "dress shoe drop kicks." Neville escapes the running corner drop kick, but Gallagher delivers one on the outside that sends the champ over the barricade. Gallagher celebrates as we head off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.