Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com live viewing party for WWE 205 Live. Austin Aries steps away from the commentary booth to deliver a package on WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Neville. Akira Tozawa and Brian Kendrick also appear to be on a collision course for tonight's show.
- We open the show with a look back at the RAW confrontation between Neville and Austin Aries.
- Austin Aries makes his way to the ring, banana in tow. He proceeds to interview himself. Kudos to the cameraman who left space in the frame for the "other Aries." He says he took out Neville "because he could." He says you make a statement by taking out the toughest guy in the room, so he attacked Neville. He puts over Neville as the best until he arrived. Neville comes out and calls Aries crazy for thinking he's on his level. Aries rebuttals with that he's not at the "A" level, but the "A Double" level. Neville says there's only one top level, and that's the "Neville Level." Neville says he'd love to end Aries comeback tour, but doesn't think it's worth the time. Neville says Aries has made several enemies backstage and he won't even have to touch him to beat him up. Aries calls out the roster backstage to no reply, but seems to have issued a challenge.
- Backstage with Swann and Gallagher practicing some moves ahead of tonight's tag match. Noam Dar interrupts and basically calls them jealous of him having Alicia Fox and the mystery flowers from last week.
Jack Gallagher & Rich Swann vs. Noam Dar & Ariya Daivari
Daivari and Swann start us off. Flying head scissors takeover from Swann after an initial flurry from Daivari. Nice drop kick follows it up. Daivari up top now, but Dar gets in the way to prevent a Frankensteiner attempt from Swann. We're settling into traditional tag work as Daivari works Swann over and quick tags on their half of the ring are the name of the game. Belly-to-Back from Dar as the crowd chants "we want Jack." Instead, they get Daivari again. Swann tries to get to his partner but Daivari stops him in his tracks with a spine buster.
Slowing it down a bit, which makes sense on a cruiserweight show, Daivari methodically working Swann's upper body. Swann creates some space and the hot tag is made. Gallagher counters a body drop to the turnbuckle into a headstand. Tag made to Swann and they hit a head butt/spin kick combo. Swann hits a Phoenix Splash for the win.
Winners via Pinfall: Jack Gallagher & Rich Swann
- After the match, another oddly dressed delivery man makes his way to the ring with a box of chocolates. Always the opportunist, Dar grabs a mic and takes credit for the gift.
- Tony Nese vs. Austin Aries announced for later tonight.
- Tom Phillips backstage with Brian Kendrick. He's asked about Tozawa's challenge to fight. Kendrick says he feels like he shouldn't accept, but apparently Tozawa isn't learning his lessons, and he'll get that fight.
"A Bryan Kendrick" vs. Akira Tozawa
Before the match, Kendrick grabs the mic and says he's a man of his word. He says he'll give Akira Tozawa a fight. He says he's THE Brian Kendrick, but Tozawa gets to fight "A Bryan (w/ a Y) Kendrick." Lesson 6: Read the fine print.
Tozawa with a quick burst of offense. He turns his attention to THE Brian Kendrick and A Bryan Kendrick attacks him from behind. Tozawa quickly turns the tables and hits his high spots including the Snap German Suplex into a bridging pin for the three.
Winner via Pinfall: Akira Tozawa
- Backstage with Neville. Dasha asks him about Aries' debut later tonight. Neville says he will regret coming back after cracking jokes on commentary and hopes being funny is worth it. Neville seems to drop a bit of information about his potential opponent for Wrestlemania, and says it will be revealed next week.
Austin Aries vs. Tony Nese
The traditional CW handshake is executed without issue. Aries gives Nese a slap to the abs after a fairly clean break. Nese shows off his power with a take down and poses for good measure. Aries with some chain wrestling and takes a few laps around Nese before a quick cover. He never lets go and puts in a side head lock. Nese fights out, sends Aries to the corner, but Aries bounces off and executes a deep arm drag. Head scissors from Nese on the mat, but Aries headstands out and follows up with a drop kick. Aries sent to the rope and loses his balance and tweaks his knee. In classic Aries fashion, a thumb to the eye gives him a hand. The bell clap rings Nese's ears and A Double is back in control. Aries heads up top, but Nese pops him down. Gut kick from Nese pops him up onto his shoulders and hits a gut buster. Nese locks in the body scissors on the greatest man that ever lived. Crowd finally back into it as Aries fights out. Comeback doesn't last long as Nese mows him over. Aries sent to the outside. Nese with a cartwheel into a super kick on the outside. He sends Aries back in the ring for a two count.
Nese resorting to trash talk and it fires up A Double. Big clothesline from Aries and follows it up with a thunderous chop. Pendulum Elbow from Aries. Nese counters a move with a dead lift power bomb. Aries sends Nese outside with a slingshot. He goes for a suicide dive that doesn't get everything, but it gets enough. Austin Aries hits the trademark Roaring Elbow for the three count and victory.
Winner via Pinfall: Austin Aries
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.