Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com Live Viewing Party of WWE NXT. Tonight's episode features the in-ring return of former NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura coming off his knee injury at NXT TakeOver: San Antonio.
WWE NXT (@WWENXT) March 8, 2017
- The announce team welcomes us to the show and what more perfect way to kick off the show than Tye Dillinger. SAnitY and Eric Young make their entrance and EY sends his comrades to the back. As they prep for the match, SAnitY returns with a near lifeless Roderick Strong. Dillinger goes to check on his friend and No Way Jose comes out to the aid as well. We now have a full blown fight on our hands and no official match in sight. The numbers game gets the best of the good guys as Jose gets double teamed by Wolfe and Dane while Dillinger gets a Wheel Barrel Neck Breaker from Young. The rogues stand tall to end the segment.
- Backstage with Billie Kay and Peyton Royce as they look for a place to display their breakout star of the year award. They start designing a display based on the Dusty Classic trophy. They find Ember Moon working out and they have a stare off through the glass until Ember makes a run at them before being held back by a trainer.
- Vignette for an upcoming debut superstar in an old church type of atmosphere. Looks to be the former Tommy End.
HoHo Lun vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas
Almas and his arrogance are in full force. The crowd starts a "let's go HoHo" chant and Lun goes for a quick roll-up only to be blocked and swatted down. Almas works over the entire body of his smaller counterpart. Running kick from Almas. Lun won't back down and goes for a series of shots, all of which Almas no-sells. Hammerlock DDT from Almas for the quick win.
Winner via Pinfall: Andrade "Cien" Almas
- Women's division action up next piggybacking off the earlier backstage segment from the Performance Center.
Billie Kay vs. Ember Moon
Ember comes out like a ball of fire with a drop kick and springboard cross body. Royce makes her presence known and gets Moon trapped in the ropes to allow Kay to hit a slingshot to the throat on the ropes. Roll-up from Moon gets a short count. Knee to the face from Kay gets a two. The ostentatious Aussie using stiff shots to knock Moon into orbit and more near falls. This fires up the Texan and hits a series of kicks. She sets up for her stunner but Royce paying dividends once again. Strike that, as Royce is removed from the equation, Moon regroups, and hits the Eclipse on Billie Kay for the victory.
Winner via Pinfall: Ember Moon
- After the match, medical personnel check on Billie Kay, which appears to be a shoot injury as there's legitimate concern on the faces of all involved. Nice of the crowd at UCF to get behind her as she gets up mostly under her own power as Royce and doctors assist her to the back.
- Backstage interview with TJ Perkins. He says he wanted to come back to face some of the best talents on the planet, especially Nakamura. He says he may be a thief, but he doesn't steal moves, he steals moments.
The Revival vs. The Ealy Brothers
I'm perfectly fine with the beat that just dropped for the Ealy's. They head to the ring but get ambushed by the tag champs, Authors of Pain. They take out the Ealy's with relative ease as Revival heads for the southern hills. The match obviously never gets underway.
- Backstage with Mr. Regal and Ember Moon. The NXT GM announces that Ember Moon will face NXT Women's Champion Asuka for the title at NXT TakeOver: Orlando.
- Tom Phillips interviews Kassius Ohno from the Performance Center. Ohno said it's great to be back and was part of NXT as they made their move from FCW in Tampa. Phillips brings up the championship match. Ohno says he's been wrestling around the world for a long time and it's one of the things he's really good at. He said coming to NXT gave him a bit of doubt for the first time and never got a shot at the NXT Championship. Getting the title would be great and is why he returned.
- Phillips interviews Roode via satellite from Toronto. He says he doesn't care what Ohno said after he told Tom to shush. Roode says his goal was to class up NXT and mold it to his vision. He takes a shot at Ohno's appearance. He says the future of NXT is on his shoulders, and he won't let Ohno ruin it. He vows to win and retain his title and walk in to Orlando as champ. He says he'll continue to make the brand glorious. He bids riddance to Tom and the camera crew before walking out.
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. TJ Perkins
Nice reaction for the CWC champ but the usual super pop for Nakamura. Should be a fun one. Perkins looks to strike first with kicks but Nakamura blocks each time. They wrap up to a stalemate and get a fairly clean break, but Perkins goes for an onslaught that comes up empty for the most part. Test of strength gives a quick advantage to Nakamura but Perkins back out. Perkins getting a bit frustrated now and counters a Nakamura shot with a spinning head scissors take down and puts the weight of his legs on the throat of the Japanese star. Nakamura tries to get out, but Perkins turns him back over and hits a dab for good measure. After the second round, Nakamura pops out and hits a dab of his own to the delight of the crowd. Head scissors take down sends Nakamura outside. Perkins goes for his wrecking ball drop kick but Shinsuke has it scouted. He sends Perkins down on the apron as we head to break.
Back from a short break and the former NXT champ is in contol. It's pointed out he's owed a rematch for the championship. Perkins able to duck a knee that has Nakamura land right on the injury. Almost unfazed, he nails an enziguri and slaps some feeling back into the knee. Good Vibrations in the corner. Whip to the corner and Perkins hits a shot to send both men down. Running back elbow from the CWC champ and wrecking ball drop kick connects on the second try. Nakamura slips away from an attack and locks in a triangle on Perkins. TJ turns it over into a cover for a near fall. Strong style is activated with a pair of leg strikes and sends Perkins to the corner. Perkins moves out of the way of Nakamura's running knee and hits a drop kick to the injury. Triangle locked in again and transitions to an arm bar. Perkins reversed into an arm bar of his own, but Nakamura reverses again. Perkins slips into a scorpion death lock. More reversals until Perkins locks in the Knee Bar. Nakamura crawls his way to the bottom rope. Knee strike from Nakamura. Perkins heads up top but quickly taken back down. Series of reversals culminated by a back stabber of sorts from Nakamura. This sets up for the Kinshasa and it connects. Perkins sells it like a champ before getting pinned for the three count.
Winner via Pinfall: Shinsuke Nakamura
- We go backstage to Mr. Regal for an announcement. He says the winner of next week's Roode/Ohno match will face Nakamura at NXT TakeOver: Orlando. Nakamura seems to like the idea as he celebrates as we head off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.