- Back in 2013, Vitor Belfort was as dangerous a fighter as there was in MMA. Belfort welcomed Luke Rockhold to the UFC and promptly scored a finish over the future middleweight champion.
- The fight card for Saturday's UFC Fight Night 106 event is set, as Vitor Belfort and Kelvin Gastelum headline things from Brazil. The main card airs live on FOX Sports 1 and also includes Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Gian Villante, Edson Barboza vs. Beneil Dariush and Jussier Formiga vs. Ray Borg.
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1/10 p.m. ET)
* Middleweight: Vitor Belfort vs. Kelvin Gastelum
* Light Heavyweight: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Gian Villante
* Lightweight: Edson Barboza vs. Beneil Dariush
* Flyweight: Jussier Formiga vs. Ray Borg
* Female Bantamweight: Bethe Correia vs. Marion Reneau
* Welterweight: Tim Means vs. Alex Oliveira
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1/8 p.m. ET)
* Lightweight: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Kevin Lee
* Featherweight: Godofredo Pepey vs. Kyle Bochniak
* Welterweight: David Ramos vs. Sergio Moraes
* Lightweight: Josh Burkman vs. Michel Prazeres
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass/6:30 p.m. ET)
* Featherweight: Rony Jason vs. Jeremy Kennedy
* Bantamweight: Joe Soto vs. Rani Yahya
* Middleweight: Garreth McLellan vs. Paulo Henrique Costa
- UFC heavyweight Ben Rothwell is not expected to face Fabricio Werdum at UFC 211 after being notified of a potential violation of the anti-doping policy. The UFC released a statement on the matter recently.
"The UFC organization was formally notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Ben Rothwell of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on February 6, 2017.
USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed.
Consistent with all previous potential anti-doping violations, additional information or UFC statements will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward."
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.