WWE NXT (@WWENXT) March 15, 2017
- We're back at the University of Central Florida for tonight's episode and go directly to the ring for tag team action. The Ealy's get a quick in-set promo during their entrance.
The Ealy Brothers vs. Authors of Pain
The Ealy's win by default in my book for their entrance theme. This is a classic hoss match with all four guys going 250+. The official tries to get control and eventually gets one per team ready for action. The bell rings and Gabriel Ealy gets the early advantage and takes Razar into the corner. Tag made to his brother and they get a bit more offense in until AOP wakes up. Akam makes the tag and AOP goes immediately for their Super Collider. It hits the spot and the Ealy's go tumbling down. AOP hits The Final Chapter for the win.
Winners via Pinfall: Authors of Pain
- After the match, Paul Ellering says he hears The Revival calls themselves the best tag team, but he created the algorithm for tag team wrestling and AOP will become a dynasty. #DIY comes out and Ciampa impersonates Ellering and calls out their own bad vocabulary for not knowing what algorithm means. The Revival makes an appearance on the stage and say there's three things you don't do in sports. 1) Bench Tom Brady, 2) Take out MJ in the 4th, 3) Put Revival on the sidelines. Dawson says it doesn't matter who Ellering managed in the past, they're the best team in the world. Enter NXT GM William Regal. He makes a triple threat elimination match for the NXT Tag Team Championship for NXT TakeOver: Orlando.
- Vignette for Knight and Dozovic, also known as the team Heavy Machinery. They'll re-debut soon.
- Video with a fashionable Asuka by a nice pool. She says the moon never shines brighter than the sun, and she's the sun. We get highlights of her devastation.
Macey Estrella vs. Nikki Cross
TV debut for Estrella donning an old-school garb. Cross makes her way to the ring with her SAnitY cohorts. Cross moshes to get herself pumped for the match and the long flowing locks of Estrella has little chance to make it through the night. Right on cue, Cross tosses Macey by the hair. Straight right from Estrella creates some space momentarily, but an aptly used Cross body takes Macey down. Five, count them, FIVE, swinging neck breakers from Cross to Estrella. The pin is mercifully made and Cross gets the win.
Winner via Pinfall: Nikki Cross
- After the match, Tye Dillinger and No Way Jose attack SAnitY from behind and the dreaded numbers catches up with them once again. SAnitY decimates the good guys and Young's raspy cries ring out to close the segment.
- Vignette for the former Tommy End, now Aleister Black.
- Recap of Billie Kay's injury. We take a look at footage looking for updates on her condition and we get Andrade "Cien" Almas picking on HoHo Lun. Oney Lorcan steps in. We're back with live footage and Lorcan says he can't stand bullies, and that's what Almas is. They'll have a match next week.
- Six-man tag match announced for next week between SAnitY and Dillinger, Jose, and Strong.
- Ohno is interviewed as we get ready for the main event NXT Championship Match. Roode refuses the interviewer's question and runs down Ohno before he heads to the ring.
Bobby Roode (c) vs. Kassius Ohno (WWE NXT Championship Match)
Crowd essentially split on the two popular superstars as they get the spotlight treatment for the intros. Ohno wearing a basketball jersey by what appears to be design by WWE creative. Ohno goes for a couple quick covers to no avail. Back in the ring and Ohno catches a Roode boot. Sweet bicycle kick from Ohno as well has the champ stunned. He continues the onslaught with a plethora of strikes before we go to break.
We're back and Roode reverses the momentum with a lariat. Roode slows the pace to a near halt with some methodical ground and pound. He gets a quick glorious pop before raking Ohno's neck on the middle rope. We're going corner to corner now as the champ is in control. He pops up on the second rope and begs Ohno to get up. Forearm to the face leads to a near fall. Ohno with a glancing blow to send the champ reeling for a bit and Ohno follows up with a pair of chops. Not to be dismantled, Roode with a back elbow to take down the challenger followed by a knee drop. Rear chin lock cinched in as the crowd tries to get Ohno back into the match. Ohno fights out, gets whipped to the corner, but lands on his feet in order to land a shot on the champ. Whip reversal allows Roode to send Ohno over the turnbuckle to the outside as we go for another break.
Roode still in control after the commercial. Roode enhancing the wingspan of Ohno with a stretch with his knee in the small of Ohno's back. Ohno tries to back him up to the ropes, Roode goes for the DDT, but Ohno reverses into a release vertical suplex. All the while, Shinsuke Nakamura is in the back scouting his future opponent. Ohno showing some fire with a series of shots that leaves Roode motionless in the corner. Cyclone Kick from Ohno leads to a long two count. Senton attempt blocked by the knees of Roode and the champ capitalizes with a back stabber for a near fall. Lariat in the corner from Roode, but Ohno kicks Roode's hand on the next try. Blockbuster from Ohno for another two count. Ohno lines up the elbow, but gets intercepted by a spine buster.
Roode calling for the Glorious DDT, but Ohno hits Death By Elbow but it sends Roode all the way to the outside. Ohno gathers the champ and puts him back inside the squared circle, hits a senton, and gets a near fall. Ohno goes for a second elbow, but they trade reversals for position and culminates with a Glorious DDT for the win and championship retention. Good match.
Winner via Pinfall & STILL NXT Champion: Bobby Roode
- Roode celebrates on the ramp as Nakamura looks on from the back. They'll have a rematch for the NXT Championship at NXT TakeOver: Orlando.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.