Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com Live Viewing Party for WWE 205 Live. Tonight's episode will feature the "greatest man that ever lived," Austin Aries, talking about his WWE Cruiserweight Championship match with Neville at Wrestlemania.
- We take a look back at last week's fatal five-way for the number one contendership to Neville's WWE Cruiserweight Championship. Austin Aries gets the win and the right to face Neville at Wrestlemania.
- Dasha Fuentes interviews Neville. It's revealed he will face Mustafa Ali tonight. Neville said he asked for the match after Ali interrupted him last week. Neville says he's the master and Aries will be forced to abide by the King's rules.
- Phillips and Graves on the call for tonight's episode in Ranallo's absence. They hype tonight's card as we head to the ring.
TJ Perkins vs. Tony Nese
Nese shakes off the handshake. Nese tosses Perkins to the corner and TJP regroups. Whip exchange ends with a Perkins drop kick to the Premiere Athlete followed by a deep arm drag. Perkins putting on an offensive display as he dives to the outside. Perkins able to re-counter every Nese counter until he gets caught with a gut buster. Nese in control now and slows the pace. Nese slings Perkins to the corner, strikes a pose, and goes for a nonchalant cover for a short two. Body scissors locked in, Perkins fights out, but mowed over by Nese to regain control. Variety of chin locks from Nese seemingly waiting on the crowd to get behind Perkins, which unfortunately never happens. Another strong whip to the corner rebounds Perkins back to Nese for a series of kicks. Perkins catches himself on the ropes to prevent another whip attack, slips out of harm's way, and hits a neck breaker. Perkins on fire now and gets a near fall for his efforts. Nese smartly rolls out of the ring and slingshots TJP on the top rope and hits quite the moonsault. Nice back and forth going until Nese sets up for the Running Kneese. Perkins blocks, but Nese pulls the middle turnbuckle off. Unique gut buster from Perkins and the turnbuckle not in play as of yet. Wrecking ball drop kick from Perkins. He looks for a springboard but gets blocked. Nese catches Perkins and sends him headfirst into the exposed turnbuckle. Running Kneese to the jaw gets the three count.
Winner via Pinfall: Tony Nese
- Backstage, Drew Gulak in a suit with an American flag pin talking with a stage hand. We have our first political gimmick in the cruiserweights.
Akira Tozawa vs. Local Competitor
Snap German. One. Two. Three. Complete match.
Winner via Pinfall: Akira Tozawa
- After the "match," Tozawa calls out his nemesis Brian Kendrick. The vet doesn't come out, so Tozawa chooses to go to him. Out comes a security guard attacking the Japanese star. It's Kendrick under the guise of an indy wrestler. Wait. Either way, lesson number eight is "appearances can be deceiving."
- Backstage with Dar-Vari and Gentleman Swann. They reveal a revealing gift from an unknown source to Alicia Foxxxxxx. Looks like we have a Dar vs. Swann match next week in the battle of delivery men.
- Austin Aries out to air his grievances to the King of the Cruiserweights. He so politely gives his banana peel to a kid on the way down the ramp. He says he is going to get rid of the part that wasn't working from last night's Aries/Neville interview, Neville. He proceeds to ask himself questions, including shots at Neville's level, bodily deficiencies and compensations, and almost some juicy info...until Neville comes out to confront A-Double.
Neville comes out with some strong words. Aries calls Neville a Debbie Downer, which catches on with the crowd for a solid ten seconds. Neville tells Aries to scuttle off, that he's ran his mouth enough for one night. Aries disagrees, and says he's joining commentary for Neville's match.
Neville vs. Mustafa Ali
Ali goes for the traditional handshake and Neville refuses. Neville slow plays the attack as Ali is rearing to go. Neville with a couple early take downs. We enter flippy territory momentarily until Neville reenters slow destruction. Neville turns his attention to Aries which allows Ali to get back in the match and go on the attack. An oddly placed collar/elbow tie up mid-match in a bit of a reset. Neville gets the best of it and stomps a mud hole in Ali in the corner. Neville throws Ali a solid ten feet in the air and lands with a thundering thud.
Neville whips Ali into the corner and bounces off. Neville sarcastically acknowledging the crowd like a house show and goes back to work. Neville locks in a submission and Ali begs for some space. He finds it and hits a spin kick to send Neville outside. Ali joins him with a springboard cross body to the outside. Ali makes it back in at a nine count. Ali with a rebound drop kick and a kip up. Roll-through neck breaker for the near fall. Neville catches Ali and crotches him on the top rope. Neville joins him. Holy smokes Ali hits a standing Spanish Fly from the top and gets a near fall.
Ali shoots over an attacking Neville and hits a spinning DDT buster of sorts. Ali heads up top, but Neville slides under the rope to avoid disaster in the form of the inverted 450. Neville with a huge release German Suplex from the top rope. Neville chooses not to go for a cover, but takes Ali outside instead. He spins Ali into the LED ring post and Ali is out. Neville drags the lifeless body of Ali back in the ring. Neville gloats for a moment then locks in the Rings of Saturn submission for the immediate tap and victory.
Winner via Submission: Neville
- After the match, Aries and Neville have a quick standoff before Neville grabs his title to celebrate before heading off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.