Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com Live Viewing Party for WWE NXT. Tonight's episode features a six man tag match between SAnitY and the team of Tye Dillinger, No Way Jose, and Roderick Strong.
WWE NXT (@WWENXT) March 22, 2017
- The announce crew welcomes us to the show and hypes tonight's card as well as some of the TakeOver matches. Let's head to the ring for tonight's first match.
Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas
Lorcan is ready to fight, but Almas wants to enjoy the moment a bit. A couple roll through's and poses frustrates the Bostonian who chases him around the ring. Upon return, Lorcan delivers a few nice chops. They go toe-to-toe with a fury of strikes until Almas heads outside to regroup. Almas blocks a suplex and takes Lorcan down. Almas goes for a corner attack, stops short, and sends a slap to the face instead. Almas looking for a shot, but Lorcan ducks and sends him over the top rope to the outside. Lorcan looking to capitalize with a dive to the outside, but Almas catches him for a power slam on the padding outside the ring. We go to break.
After the break, Almas in firm control. Almas drapes Lorcan over his shoulders and drops him face first on the ring post. A rope assisted submission slows the pace. Whip attack and knee strike from Almas. Chin lock cinched in but the crowd gives Lorcan a bit of extra energy. He fights out with a side swipe and big clothesline. Almas looks for the back body drop off a whip, but Lorcan turns it into a running Blockbuster. Lorcan has some mustard behind his strikes and sends Almas tumbling outside once again. He heads up top and hits a sweet somersault senton on the outside. Lorcan hitting his wheelhouse with a series running shots with Almas in the corner. He goes to well once again but Almas has nothing for him. Half-and-half suplex from Lorcan. Cover for a long two count. Almas blocks a suplex, lands Lorcan on the top, and lands a thunderous overhand strike. Headbutt from Lorcan knocks Almas loopy falling to the matt. Springboard Pele Kick from Almas. Counter for counter, Lorcan lands another strike. Lariat from Almas finally grounds Lorcan for good, follows it up with double knees, puts him in a Hammer Lock, and the DDT sends the match to a conclusion. Nice showing from both men.
Winner via Pinfall: Andrade "Cien" Almas
- Backstage with #DIY. They say they've been around the world and performed in front of five and thousands of people. Then an opportunity showed itself in WWE via the Dusty Classic. They get signed, become accustomed to rivalry with The Revival. Then they run into Authors of Pain, who they call machines that Ellering controls and have no love for the business. They say they do it for the love of what they do and thank their supporters. They say they'll get their moment at NXT TakeOver: Orlando.
- Vignette for Aleister Black, who debuts soon.
- A look back at Ember Moon's Eclipse finisher that injured Billie Kay. They use it to sell the potential of getting a new champ at TakeOver as Moon takes on Asuka.
Asuka vs. Priscilla Zuniga
The familiar chant of "Asuka's gonna kill you" rings out, but Asuka decides to cut a promo instead. She says "this is your fate (or head)" and knocks Zuniga's head clean off her body. She toys with the unknown challenger, but Zuniga sends a hope strike to Asuka's chest, which just ticks the champ off. Zuniga looks for an attack off the ropes, but is met with a jumping hip attack. Another kick and cover, but Asuka pulls the poor girl's shoulders up before the three can be counted. A message is being sent as the decimation continues. Asuka Lock finally ends the match as Zuniga taps. Asuka doesn't release the hold until a second bell is rang and looks as if "what'd I do?" Heel Asuka is pretty fun.
Winner via Submission: Asuka
- After the match, Asuka cuts a promo in Japanese and then says "no eclipse."
- Backstage with Revival. They say their name isn't a catch phrase or something to put on a t-shirt. They say they've studied the greats and brought the best of the past to the present. They say DIY says they've ground it out on the indies to make it to NXT, but no one has fought as hard as the Revival to get where they are.
- Special look at the NXT Championship match between from Bobby Roode and Shinsuke Nakamura. We get a shot of Bobby Roode at his plush home in Canada and Nakamura's injuries. The rest of the promo looks at the characters in the match, their history, and matches with a voice over artist leading the way.
- Backstage interview with Dillinger, Jose, and Strong. They point out the numbers game that SAnitY has had the advantage for so far, but now the odds are evened.
- Vignette for Knight and Dozovic, Heavy Machinery.
- Interview with Kassius Ohno after his loss last week. "The Drifter" Elias Samson begins to play a song that Ohno doesn't quite enjoy. Samson says Ohno doesn't belong in NXT. Ohno challenges Samson to a "loser leaves NXT" match, and Ohno accepts.
- It is announced that Aleister Black will debut at NXT TakeOver: Orlando against Andrade "Cien" Almas.
SAnitY vs. Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose
We have a short lived melee before the match officially gets underway. Strong and Dain start us off and the big man gets the upper hand. Tag made to Wolfe, but Strong able to make the tag to Dillinger. He stares down the members of SAnity before tagging Jose in. Quick tags from the good guys who cut the ring in half. Chops seem to be the special on tonight's menu. Beautiful drop kick from Strong. He then proceeds to take out the entire faction and caps it off with a dive to the outside. We go to break.
We're back and Jose and Wolfe are going back and forth. EY tagged in but gets a shot to the chin from a Jose elbow. Tag made to Dillinger but Young wants no part of the "Perfect Ten." Jose back in but gets a leg grabbed by the pitbull that is Nikki Cross. This allows Wolfe to land a boot and tag made to Dain. The former Damo hitting some hoss-fense before tagging in Wolfe. Jose's head doing the tango as he looks to make a tag. Action going everywhere now as Strong is in and cleans house. The "Messiah of the Back Breaker" living up to his name. Cover on EY and Dain breaks it up. Everyone involved now and the official loses control. The referee calls for the bell as a no contest as the teams continue to fight.
Match Result: No Contest
- After the bell, Dillinger and Young are left in the ring. He begins to attack the faction's leader, but Nikki Cross jumps on his shoulders. The newly named Ruby Riot comes out to attack Cross. Young is sent flying by Dillinger. It takes all three to take down Killian Dain. The faces stand tall to end the episode.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.