Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com Live Viewing Party for WWE NXT. In tonight's episode, we will see the return of the former "Chosen One," Drew McIntyre, as he sets his eyes on the NXT Championship.
Triple H (@TripleH) April 12, 2017
- We kick off with the new intro video and song featuring several of the new stars of the brand.
- Aleister Black's music hits, does a similar to the one at NXT TakeOver: Orlando. He's in our first match of the evening.
Aleister Black vs. Corey Hollis
Black waits patiently. Hollis has enough and charges, only to be darkened by the Black Mass kick. Aleister eases into the cover and resumes his trance Indian style in the ring.
Winner via Pinfall: Aleister Black
- A look back at Tye Dillinger's call-up to SmackDown Live and his match with Curt Hawkins. Back at Full Sail and Dillinger is interviewed by Kayla Braxton. He says although it's been great to be called up, he feels like he has unfinished business in NXT. He reveals he's asked and received a match with Eric Young one-on-one, inside a steel cage.
- Coming up we will see Drew McIntyre's NXT debut, DIY in action, as well as Shinsuke Nakamura's NXT farewell.
#DIY vs. Dylan Miley & Michael Blais
Ciampa and the big man Miley shake hands and the smaller hand of Ciampa seems to vanish. They trade head locks. Miley runs through a Ciampa chop and mows over Ciampa. Tag made to Gargano who tries to slingshot himself into the ring but gets caught by Miley. The behemoth lifts Gargano up for a stalling suplex and keeps him up for a solid thirty seconds. Tag made to Blais and the momentum switches with Blais at the controls. DIY works Blais over in the corners and meet him in the middle with their finisher.
Winners via Pinfall: #DIY
- After the match, Miley isn't thrilled with his tag team partner's performance and completely obliterates him and leaves him laying.
Ruby Riot vs. Kimberly Frankele
Two former indie stars going at it inside the yellow ropes of NXT. Nice arm drag by Frankele. Riot with hurricanrana out of the corner. Nikki Cross causes some commotion outside the ring. Tilt-a-whirl Back Breaker from Frankele. Riot able to regain control with a clothesline, follow up with by catching Frankele with knees to the turnbuckle. Pele style kick gets the pin for Riot. She and Cross have a quick standoff before the segment ends.
Winner via Pinfall: Ruby Riot
- Vignette for Authors of Pain.
Oney Lorcan vs. Drew McIntyre
Huge pop for the returning McIntyre, who has a new theme. Big "welcome back" chant greets the Scottish star. Lorcan, who's not exactly small, is towered over by McIntyre. Drew with a huge throw and Lorcan gets sent outside. Lorcan goes outside to regroup, and comes back in with a fury of European uppercuts that send McIntyre to the outside. Lorcan heads to the top rope looking to fly, but gets caught in mid-air and sent to the floor. McIntyre in control as we head to break.
We're back just in time to hear thunderous chops from McIntyre and another belly-to-belly throw. Lorcan skips over a blockbuster and hits a running blockbuster instead. Lorcan stops a charging McIntyre with a headbutt and drapes him in the tree of woe. McIntyre lifts himself up to send Lorcan to the mat. We're now in a slugfest in the middle of the ring. McIntyre hits an extended Alabama Slam as he has hold of Lorcan's ankles. McIntyre with a running single leg drop kick that turns Lorcan inside out and busts him open. Cover and win in the re-debut.
Winner via Pinfall: Drew McIntyre
- After the match, Drew cuts a quick promo saying he has all the "RAW" talent, could put the "SmackDown" on anyone, but wants to be in NXT.
- Shinsuke Nakamura's farewell is coming up next. Nakamura's signature theme hits and makes his grand entrance donning a suit. Nakamura said he debuted a year ago in NXT. He had already been champion in Japan and came in with experience, but wanted to challenge himself. Nakamura says he's learned a lot from the NXT superstars, coaches, and fans. He says NXT is its own brand, energy, and life, and that it creates something different. He points out that he quickly found out that the NXT Universe is crazy. He puts them over for the chants, singing, and their passion. Nakamura says NXT is "their" style and that he will always be NXT because "We Are NXT." There are fans legitimately crying as the roster comes out to the ramp to send him off. The fans sing along with Nakamura's theme as he leads them one last time. A big "thank you Shinsuke" chant roars through the crowd as he greets fans heading up the ramp. Finn Balor makes a surprise appearance and they embrace as we head off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.