As noted, GFW announced that next Tuesday would be "Latin Night" at the GFW Impact Zone in Orlando. They have now announced more "Special Nights" for the week of tapings that kicks off tonight with Destination X - Media Mayhem, Cancer Awareness Night, Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida Night and Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Central Florida Night. Below is their full announcement:
Global Force Wrestling Announces Schedule Of Special Nights For Shows In Orlando, August 17-22
Global Force Wrestling returns to Orlando, Florida, for 6 consecutive nights of in-ring action, Aug. 17-22, at The Impact Zone on the backlot of Universal Studios Florida. The wrestling action kicks off Aug. 17 with Destination-X, which will air on Pop TV and in more than 120 countries.
GFW also is hosting 5 Special Nights during the upcoming shows, further showing GFW's local community support, outreach. Here's a look at what's planned:
Thursday, Aug. 17 — Media Mayhem Match
* DJs from Orlando radio station FM 96.9 The Game will be in opposite corners as Special Managers. Brandon Kravitz is the afternoon show host and he will oppose his on-air co-host, The Shot Doctor – each serving as the "Special Manager" for a match with GFW Superstars. Mike Bianchi is the station's AM show host and also a sports columnist for the Orlando Sentinel; he was scheduled to opposed Kravitz, but he had pull out at the last minute – which led Kravitz to brag on-air that Bianchi clearly was scared of Kravitz' managerial mind. Then The Shot Doctor stepped in and quickly threw down the gauntlet, challenging Kravitz.
* Kravitz will be the Special Manager for Kongo Kong. The Shot Doctor will be the Special Manager for a yet-to-be-named wrestler.
Friday, Aug. 18 — Cancer Awareness Night
* In conjunction with the American Cancer Society-Central Florida chapter, GFW will pay tribute to those fighting cancer and honor those who have been lost to cancer. The ceremony will feature Orlando resident Cynthia Cardenas, a two-time breast cancer survivor, wife, and mother of two children. Cynthia was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006, and her cancer returned in 2015. After a year of chemotherapy, 7 weeks of radiation and surgery in her second fight against cancer, the hope is that cancer is now all gone from her body and will not come back!
* The ceremony will include a traditional American Cancer Society – Luminary Tribute, and give-aways from L'Oreal, makers of La Roche-Posay skincare products.
Saturday, Aug. 19 – Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida Night
* On Wednesday, Aug. 16, Moose, EC3, Rosemary and Andrew Everett will be going to 2 different Orlando-area Clubs for a Meet & Greet, Q&A sessions, games, interaction with kids, and more.
* On Saturday, Aug. 19, those same kids from both Clubs will be coming to The Impact Zone to experience GFW action first-hand, live and in-person, with reserved VIP seating. And two of the Club youngsters will be randomly picked to serve in select roles for the matches, including Special Ring Announcer and Special Bell-Ringer.
Sunday, Aug. 20 – Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Central Florida Night
* Bigs & Littles from throughout Orlando will be welcomed to The Impact Zone, with reserved VIP seating and backstage Meet & Greet photo-opportunities with the stars of GFW. Two Little's will be randomly picked to serve in select roles for the matches, including Special Ring Announcer and Special Bell-Ringer.
Tuesday, Aug. 22 – Latin Night, in conjunction with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
* GFW welcomes members of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando (HCCMO), the largest business-related organization representing the Hispanic community in Central Florida and an essential voice for more than 20 years.
* Margie Vierra, the HCCMO Director of Business Development, will be speaking about the organization – and also her longtime family history in pro wrestling.