Welcome to our live coverage of WWE 205 Live, exclusively on the WWE Network! Join us immediately following SmackDown at 10:00pm EST. Be sure to leave your feedback in the comments section, share our coverage of tonight's episode through social media, and REFRESH for the most up to date coverage.
- Recap of Neville winning the Cruiserweight Title at SummerSlam.
- Vic Joseph and Corey Graves welcome us to the show as they preview the upcoming championship rematch between Neville and Akira Tozawa.
Cedric Alexander and Tony Nese vs. Tony Nese and Drew Gulak
Gulak comes out and introduces his tag partner, Nese proceeds to count his abs and jaw for awhile on the stage. Nese gets on the mic and runs down the crowd for looking like they do, while he looks like the premier athlete. Quick start, Cedric gets the better of Nese, then does Nese's taunt. Gulak tagged in and lands some heavy strikes before getting dropped, Metalik tagged in, double team moves, pin, one-count. Metalik starts walking the ropes, nice dropkick into a pin, two-count. Metalik has been consistent with his rope work lately, lot of fun to watch, crowd is into it. Metalik dumps Gulak outside, Nese charges, slides under his legs, Metalik with a moonsault that instantly takes out Nese on the floor.
Action back in the ring, Nese finally able to ground Metalik and locks him in a tree of woe, Cedric runs over and unhooks Metalik. Cheap shot by Nese on Cedric, who was on the apron. Metalik climbs up and stands on the ring post, hits a huge crossbody. In comes Cedric, hits Gulak with a big elbow, Cedric hops to the apron, springboard clothesline on Gulak, pin, two. Gulak counters Cedric with an elbow, follows that up with a clothesline. Metalik tagged in and heads right to the top rope, walks the rope, another splash, pin, Nese breaks it up, then proceeds to count his abs again before Cedric drops him. Dual dives over the top rope to the outside by Cedric and Metalik. Action back in the ring, lumbar check on Gulak, 1-2-3.
- In the locker room, Titus talks to Tozawa about wishing he waited a bit for the rematch against Neville. Tozawa seemed confident though, Titus notices and echos that confidence as they give it two claps and a "Wooo!"
- In the ring are a number of weapons as we head towards a Gentleman's Duel between Jack Gallagher and The Brian Kendrick. Jack gets on the mic and says he's been told in every way that he'll never make it to the top, but he'll just have to get physical to show Kendrick what kind of a fighter he is. Kendrick shows up on the big screen and says Jack is just a clown with all of his toys all around him. Kendrick says he's a fighter, not a clown and has found Jack a suitable replacement. Out comes, yes, a clown, who does a few tricks on the ramp before coming into the ring and does Jack's taunt, he then sprays Jack in the face with some water from a flower.
2??5 LIVE pic.twitter.com/aBenimYHXs— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) August 23, 2017
Crowd chants "stupid idiot" as Jack gets slapped in the face by the clown's glove. Jack headbutts him in the face and decides on which weapon he's going to use to take out the clown. He ends up clearing off the table and goes to powerbomb him. Out from the crowd comes Kendrick as he hammers Jack with an umbrella. Kendrick then powerbombs Jack through the table to a very mild reaction. Kendrick gets on the mic and offers an opportunity to Jack so he can prove he belongs on 205 Live. Kendricks says next week, No DQ match.
- Recap of last week's match between Rich Swann and Ariya Daivari, TJP showed up with a knee brace, distracting Swann, and giving Daivari the win.
- Backstage, TJP is playing video games, still wearing a knee brace. Swann comes in and wants to talk, TJP says he injured his knee when he beat Swann two weeks ago. TJP says he came out last week to see Swann win his match, he didn't know his music would be played and cause a distraction. TJP thinks Swann is 'salty' for losing against him. TJP feels like this competition has been taken too far and Swann should focus on Daivari to potentially get that loss back. Swann likes it and says once TJP heals up, Swann will want another match with him.
- Next week it will be Jack Gallagher vs. Brian Kendrick in a No DQ Match.
Neville (c) vs. Akira Tozawa (Cruiserweight Championship Match)
Feeling out process at the start of this, multiple rope breaks. Neville tells the crowd to shut up after they start up the "Ah!" chants, didn't get a reaction at all. Neville works the neck, Tozawa with a kick, Neville catches it, sets it down and goes for a spinning kick, which Tozawa then catches and sets down. Pushing the story that both wrestlers know each other so well. Tozawa finally lands a nice penalty kick to Neville's chest, who rolls outside, Tozawa goes for a dive, but Neville moves away. Neville begins working Tozawa's once injured shoulder.
The King takes flight... and sticks the landing. pic.twitter.com/CDvicg5p7a— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) August 23, 2017
Neville with a redirection, hits a nice dropkick sending Tozawa to the floor. Neville with a moonsault to the floor, landing on his feet. Tozawa's shoulder is really bothering him now, Neville throws it into the side of the ring as he jumps back in the ring. Tozawa almost gets counted out, but makes it back in. Neville takes him right back outside and throws him hard into the barricade. Action back in the ring, Neville climbs to the top, Tozawa with a dropkick to bring Neville down. Neville now on the apron, big kick, Neville to the floor, suicide dive by Tozawa. Both get back in the ring, Tozawa with a number of kicks, suplex, pin, two-count. The challenger goes up top, but Neville was able to rise up long enough to seat Tozawa on the top rope. Neville heads up and goes for a superplex, Tozawa hooks the legs for a pin! Only a two, both Superstars are down. Neville doing everything he can to put his opponent down, but he won't quit.
Tozawa looks to be out of it, weak strikes, suddenly a big headbutt that drops the champion, but no pin. Multiple kicks by Tozawa, Rings of Saturn submission locked in by Neville, countered, Neville rolls up and Tozawa kicks out. Spinning kick by the challenger, he heads up to the top with a senton splash, misses, Rings of Saturn again and Tozawa taps out this time.
Winner: Neville retains the Cruiserweight Championship via Submission
- Post-match, Neville gets on the mic and calls Tozawa's reign pathetic. He then hypes himself up when outta nowhere it's Enzo! Crowd gives fairly solid pop. Enzo gets in Neville's face and says "205 Live just became the realest show in the room," then drops the mic. Neville just laughs and walks out of the ring. Enzo calls Neville "sawft" as he walks up the ramp. Neville stops and looks back momentarily before heading to the back, still chuckling.