Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com Live Viewing Party for WWE NXT. Let others know about our coverage by giving this page a quick retweet or share on social media. Click the refresh button on your browser every few minutes to keep up with the live results. Let us know your thoughts on the show by sharing them below in the comments section.
Tonight's episode features an NXT Tag Team Championship match between current champions SAnitY and the behemoths they won it from, Authors of Pain. NXT Champion Drew McIntyre is also scheduled to meet face-to-face with Andrade "Cien" Almas and the lovely Zelina Vega, presumably to confirm a future title shot for El Idolo.
WWE NXT (@WWENXT) November 1, 2017
The announce team welcomes us to the show and show us the Twitter beef between Almas and McIntyre, and the ultimate decision made by Mr. Regal for NXT TakeOver: Houston. They also hype tonight's tag title match. Let's go to the ring for our first action of the evening.
Taynara Conti vs. Nikki Cross
Conti has possibly the best over-acting in NXT, and I mean that in the best way possible. Her facial expressions are priceless. Nikki wastes no time going after the young Brazilian talent. Conti turns the tables for a moment, but then the chase is on. Cross traps Conti inside the ring apron and whales away. She slings Conti back in the ring and kicks Conti's grips from the rope. The young star calling on her martial arts background for a few kicks to the shorter Cross. After being caught by a double chop to the chest, Nikki hangs up Taynara in the tree of woe and delivers some shots. Cross then ends the efforts of Conti with a sweet swinging neck breaker for the win.
Winner via Pin Fall: Nikki Cross
- A look at Paul Ellering waiting for his team, Authors of Pain, ahead of their title match later tonight.
- Interview with Mercedez Martinez. Says she was disappointed she didn't win the big match during the women's battle royal last week. When asked who she thinks will win the four way at Houston, she says she knows who can't win the big match, and that's Ember Moon.
Fabian Aichner vs. Johnny Gargano
They lock up and get some mat-based wrestling right out of the gate. Johnny Wrestling reversing each and every escape of Aichner. Aichner with a quick cover out of nowhere for a one count. Flying head scissors take down by Gargano gets a near fall. Long rope exchange ends with Aichner catching Gargano into a huge power slam. Action spills to the outside as Gargano goes flying, caught again, and dropped onto the barricade as we go to break.
We're back and they kick it up a couple gears. Athletic exchange ends with a roll-thru kick by Gargano. Aichner flips Gargano over, runs the ropes, but met with a spear through the ropes. Only a two count. Aichner up and looks to fly. Lands on his feet, but Johnny hops the ropes for a beautiful DDT. Another near fall. Gargano now looking a bit more aggressive. Lawn dart reversed as Aichner sends Gargano into the turnbuckle. Aichner with a nice power bomb combo but Gargano kicks out. Slug fest time as both men trade shots in the middle of the ring. Aichner sends Gargano into the ropes and hits a pop up tilt-a-whirl back breaker. Aichner looks to the skies again, but Johnny gets the knees up. Gargano with an enziguri in the corner, looks for the GargaNO-Escape, but reversed into a pinning combo for the one, two, three by Fabian Aichner.
Winner via Pin Fall: Fabian Aichner
- Drew McIntyre finishing up his bit of paperwork in Mr. Regal's office. The contract signing is up next.
- Hype video for Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream at NXT TakeOver: Houston.
- Video of Street Profits taking a close look at Tino & Riddick's Maserati. A battle of nice suits and gold chains ensues. Street Profits politely takes off back to the PC to end the segment.
- NXT Champ Drew McIntyre makes his entrance only to be attacked from behind by Andrade "Cien" Almas. Zelina Vega encourages her client during the beat down. Almas grabs the contract, signs it, and leaves. Simple and effective.
- Video of Royce and Kay, sulking hilariously about Billie Kay not getting to be in the four way at Houston. As they begin to run down Kairi Sane, she appears and points the vicious elbow right at the Iconic Aussies. Sane vs. Kay for next week.
SAnitY (Young & Wolfe) vs. Authors of Pain--NXT Tag Team Championship Match
They get the spotlight treatment as Kayla Braxton makes the introductions. Young and Razar start us off. Young gets an early flurry, but the big man too much to handle. EY able to push AOP to their corner and make the tag to Wolfe. Quick tags keep Razar in a bad spot until Akam makes his presence known. As Wolfe tends to the distraction, Razar takes advantage and hits a Death Valley Driver into the corner. AOP now with some clinical tag team work with quick tags and cutting the ring in half. Akam with a rear chin lock in tight as we go to break.
We're back as Razar puts Wolfe to sleep in the middle of the ring. The crowd helps him back into the match, but only long enough to be picked up and taken to the opposing corner. Tag made and tandem offense keeps the behemoths large and in charge. Both men hit the ropes and hit simultaneous boots and go down. They make it up before the ten count and make tags. Young with a solid hot tag that takes down both members of AOP. EY hits a big top rope elbow, but a kick out. Some AOP chants disperse through the crowd. Wolfe hits a top rope shot and moshes to celebrate. Suplex/neck breaker combo by SAnitY. Action wild and woolly now. AOP hits the Super Collider, hits The Last Chapter, goes for the pin, and The Undisputed Era breaks up the pin before three count.
Result: No Contest
- As they all brawl, Killian Dain comes down the ramp to help his cohorts, but gets a proper beating himself. As Undisputed Era clears the ring, Roderick Strong makes his way to the ring. He puts on the UE arm band. They set someone up for a kick, but Strong kicks Adam Cole instead! He clears the ring as AOP comes back to join him.
- Mr. Regal comes out to make order of the situation. He announces the teams of Undisputed Era, SAnitY, and AOP/Strong will face each other in a triple threat, with two rings, and one cage...WAR GAMES! The talent and crowd reactions were fantastic as well as Mr. Regal's delivery of the announcement. Mauro Ranallo leaves us with the nugget "Houston: We have a War Games!"