Earlier today, the finals in the NJPW World Tag League took place with EVIL and SANADA defeating The Guerrillas of Destiny to win the tournament for the first time in their careers. Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks were also in action defeating YOH, SHO, and Rocky Romero.
After the match, the lights went down and Chris Jericho appeared, giving Omega a codebreaker in the ring, and eventually busting open the IWGP US Champion. Jericho also gave NJPW Announcer, Don Callis, a codebreaker in the ring. The two wrestlers will meet at Wrestle Kingdom 12 for the IWGP US Championship.
JERICHO DRAWS FIRST BLOOD IN FUKUOKA?? pic.twitter.com/Otsf9X5ENj— njpw_global (@njpwglobal) December 11, 2017
Below are the full results from today's event:
* EVIL and SANADA defeated The Guerrillas of Destiny (World Tag League Final)
* Hiromu Takahashi and Tetsuya Naito defeated Will Ospreay and Kazuchika Okada
* The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega defeated YOH, SHO, and Rocky Romero
* Marty Scurll and Cody defeated KUSHIDA and Kota Ibushi
* Yuji Nagata, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, and Jushin Thunder Liger defeated Togi Makabe, David Finlay, Henare, Hirai Kawato, and Katsuya Kitamura
* Michael Elgin, Jeff Cobb, Hanson, and Raymond Rowe defeated Bullet Club (Hangman Page, Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens, and Leo Tonga)
* Bad Luck Fale defeated BUSHI
* Best Friends (Beretta and Chuckie T) defeated Death Juice (Juice Robinson and Sami Callihan)
* CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, and YOSHI-HASHI) defeated Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr., and El Desperado)
Overall, it's pretty quiet in December with the next events eventually determining the winner of the 11th annual Young Lion Cup. Then, we get to NJPW's biggest event of the year on January 4, Wrestle Kingdom 12.