Welcome to our live coverage of WWE 205 Live, exclusively on the WWE Network! Join us immediately following the WWE Mixed Match Challenge around 10:20pm ET. Be sure to leave your feedback in the comments section, share our coverage of tonight's episode through social media, and REFRESH for the most up to date coverage.
Tonight initially featured Drew Gulak vs. Mark Andrews, but according to 205 Live GM Drake Maverick, Gulak wants Andrews at one-hundred percent, so that match is being pushed back. Tonight will now include Buddy Murphy vs. Kalisto.
PLEASE RT— Drake Maverick (@WWEMaverick) April 3, 2018
**Important announcement** in regards to tonight's scheduled match-up between @DrewGulak & @MandrewsJunior #205Live #DMtheGM #Cruiserweight #WWE #SmackdownLive #MixedMatchChallenge pic.twitter.com/vDSitTpKJu
- Vic Joseph and Nigel McGuinness welcome us in as we get to the first match.
Akira Tozawa and Hideo Itami vs. Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik
Itami and Metalik start off with Itami talking some trash as he kicks away at Metalik. Itami shoves Dorado in the face as the two continue jawing at each other. Metalik walks the ropes and hits a missile dropkick. Dorado tags in, drops Itami, cover, two. Tozawa tags in, running kick and senton, Metalik with the quick roll-up, two. Metalik tries for a handspring off the ropes but gets kicked in the back. Itami sends Dorado off the apron and the duo goes to work on Metalik in the corner, cover, two.
Itami keeps eyeing Dorado as he tags out. Tozawa with a straight jab to Metalik's face, pin, two. Dorado gets tagged in, he knocks Tozawa off the apron and trades strikes with Itami. Dorado with a springboard moonsault off the second rope and continues swinging away on his opponent. Itami gets knocked to the floor, Dorado takes out Itami on the floor, Tozawa with a suicide dive, and Metalik with a corkscrew senton taking out everyone. Metalik Driver attempt, Itami nearly yanks Metalik's mask off and the match totally breaks down in the ring. The referee calls the match.
Everybody in the pool! pic.twitter.com/KMz6kyWd9W— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) April 4, 2018
Match is ruled a No Contest
-Post-match, Itami takes out Dorado's knee and Tozawa swings away on Metalik. They taunt a bit and head to the back.
- Tonight it was supposed to be Drew Gulak vs. Mark Andrews. Backstage, Gulak asked for the match be postponed until Andrews is fully recovered after his match with Tony Nese. Gulak said he wants to be sure there was no excuse for Andrews when he gets in the ring with him. Gulak with a quick PowerPoint Presentation as he says he's the best submission wrestler in the WWE and will prove it to Andrews.
- Random room, Andrews says this match isn't about high-flying vs. submission wrestling, it's Andrews vs. Gulak. He continues that after next week, Gulak will never underestimate him again.
- Backstage, Drake Maverick tells Tony Nese that despite losing last week, he wants him to go out to the ring tonight and remind everyone why he is the premiere athlete.
Tony Nese vs. Jonathan Pierce
Pierce with some early taunting as Nese tosses him into the corner. Referee trying to back Nese up as Pierce gets in a chop shot. Nese hits a back elbow, tries for a second rope moonsault. Dodges a clothesline, hits a couple kicks and sweeps his opponent to the ground. Springboard into a second rope moonsault by Nese lands clean. Pierce out on the apron, drops Nese's neck over the top rope. Pierce then heads up to the top rope, Nese with a palm strike, kick, and drops Pierce stomach-first on his knee. Nese with a running knee in the corner, cover, 1-2-3.
Winner: Tony Nese via Pinfall
- Backstage, Kalisto checks on Dorado and Metalik, when Kalisto goes to leave he bumps right into Murphy. Murphy says he plans on making the match quick and that Kalisto is simply in his way to get to the Cruiserweight Championship.
Buddy Murphy vs. Kalisto
Murphy towering over Kalisto as these two go back and forth with some quick cover attempts. Plenty of counters from both wrestler as neither really getting any momentum. "205" chant from the crowd. Kalisto gets dumped out to the floor, Murphy chases, back in the ring, Kalisto with a headscissors. Kalisto heads up to the top rope and hits an arm drag and fake a dive to the outside as Murphy hops back in the ring. Murphy finally able to slow Kalisto down.
Kalisto locks in a sleeper, but Murphy jams him back into the corner and boots him in the face. Kalisto returns fire with a kick to the head, sit down senton, hits a big tornado DDT, cover, two. Both men on the apron, Murphy with a nasty running release suplex on the apron! Murphy gets him back in the ring, cover, two. Murphy fires Kalisto into the corner hard. Kalisto with a kick that puts Murphy down.
Murphy ends up out on the floor, Kalisto flips over the top rope and clears out Murphy. Kaslito tosses him back in, basement-rana, cover, two and half, crowd reacts to the kick out. Out on the floor, Kalisto ends up getting monkey flipped straight on the announce table! Commentary saying their monitors are out after that move. Referee with a ten-count and Kalisto getting in at 9 and 1/2. Crowd really enjoying this match.
Murphy with a kick to Kalisto's face, cover, two. Murphy and Kalisto up on the top rope, Murphy gets dropped down on the turnbuckle. Kalisto with a nice yoshi tonic, cover, two. Crowd with "This is awesome," "fight forever," and "205" chants. Murphy with a powerbomb, big knee to the face. Kalisto recovers and dazes Murphy, tries hard for Murphy's law and finally gets it for the victory. Hell of a match from these two.
Winner: Buddy Murphy via Pinfall
- Post-match, Murphy does the championship title taunt.
- Backstage, Drake Maverick talks about the last couple weeks in 205 Live. Maverick gives props to Ali and Alexander for making it to WrestleMania. Maverick tells the WWE Universe to settle in early to see their match and runs down some of the other matches on the card.
- Recap of Drake Maverick becoming the new General Manager of 205 Live, the Cruiserweight Championship Tournament, and Alexander vs. Ali at WrestleMania.