Bill Banks has added a new “Bank Shot” column over on TNAwrestling.com. Here are some news and notes:
– Banks hypes some “new talent” that could be coming to TNA at No Surrender next Sunday, July 17, on pay per view from Orlando, FL.
– Confirmed matches for PPV include: Raven vs. Abyss in a Steel Chair Dog Collar Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Title, Christopher Daniels vs. Petey Williams for the X Division Title, AJ Styles vs. Sean Waltman w/ Jerry Lynn as the special guest referee, America’s Most Wanted vs. Michael Shane & Alex Shelley, Samoa Joe vs. Chris Sabin and more still to be announced.
– The Impact Zone at Soundstage 21 at Univeral Studios will be getting a new look starting with the No Surrender PPV. More seating, extended capacity and a new entrance set are all in the works. Several new additions to the Impact Zone are expected in the company months as well.
– TNA will hold another series of tapings (4 total) two days after the No Surrender PPV on July 19. These tapings will stream on TNA’s official website and air internationally. Also, TNA stars will be signing autographs and taking pictures with fans in the arena following the tapings.
– The new TNA Canada section is scheduled to debut in the next few weeks or so. At the moment, the section is scheduled to feature information regarding TNA’s programs on RDS Sports and ESPN Classic Canada, as well as bios and photos of Team Canada. Monthly columns by Scott D’Amore and Johnny Devine are expected. TNA RDS announcer Marc Blondin and wrestling veteran Pierre Carl Ouellet may add columns as well.
– Television director/producter Michael Vettor has joined the TNA staff. Vettor will be teaming up with longtime TNA director Keith Mitchell to head up the television production side of the promotion. Vettor has experience directing sporting events with ESPN, FOX, ABC and also headed up pay per views for ECW.
– The popular “Super X Cup Tournament” is scheduled to return to TNA in the upcoming weeks, with the finals being held at the Sacrifice pay per view on August 14. An official announcement regarding these plans is expected at the No Surrender pay per view next Sunday.
– Following the announcement of a new DVD distribution deal, you can expect to see many TNA DVD titles in major retailers in time for Christmas. The Lockdown DVD is nearing completion, while the “Best of the X Division – Volume 2” DVD is up next.
– Banks also hyped some even bigger announcements on the horizon for TNA that includes the “much-anticipated television deal”, clearance in Europe and a possible TNA video game.
– An online radio show on TNAwrestling.com is still said to be in the works. Jeremy Borash is working out all of the details given his past experience with the old WCW Live show he hosted with Bob Ryder.
– Terry Taylor has been doing a lot of traveling as of late in the last few weeks meeting with several international promotions who are looking to work with TNA. Any deals that become finalized will be announced soon.