Source: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter
– WWE is working out a deal to bring in a major celebrity for an appearance at WrestleMania 22. This particular celebrity is said to offer great crossover appeal.
– Matt Hardy is under the impression that he will be the winner of the Steel Cage match this Sunday against Edge. Although he hasn t been push as a main-eventer, he remains optimistic about his long-term future in WWE.
– As more numbers come in from SummerSlam, Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels should be expecting quite a pay off. WWE s corporate site listed the first estimate at about 525,000 buys. So the final figure should be around the 600,000 range.
– This year s SummerSlam estimate tops last year s by about 150,000 buys. Last year s event was headlined by Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton.
– Outside of WrestleMania PPV s, this year s SummerSlam buyrate comes in third behind Royal Rumble 03 and 04 over the last four years.