Thanks to Mike Shalik of ECWextreme.com for sending this in:
– The crowd was white hot all night. There’s nothing like an ECW crowd and this show was no exception. They were very vocal all night long, even more so than translated onto television. It was very hard to hear anything that was said on the house mic.
– The commemorative ringside folding chairs featured Rob Van Dam’s picture from the ECW One Night Stand Poster.
– There was a lot of new ECW merchandise for sale, including shirts for RVD, Sandman, Sabu and Tommy Dreamer. The infamous event shirt which leaked on WWE.com this week feauring match spoilers was also for sale.
– The end of the Mysterio vs. Sabu match understandably got a ton of heat. Sabu was very pissed off at the finish, I would imagine the early finish was not planned.
– The audience was dying for Sandman to make the save for Tommy Dreamer during his match while Terry Funk had been taken the back.
– After the show went off the air, RVD continued to celebrate with the rest of the ECW roster. The celebration went on for a good 15 minutes. Aside from the performers who had matches at the PPV, other notable celebrants included Justin Credible, Mikey Whipreck, Bill Alfonso, Jason and former TNA Knockout Trinity.
– Overall a very enjoyable show. Not sure how it came across on television, but the crowd and the atmosphere made an arguably average show a winner for me.