As noted last Friday, the autopsy report for Reid Flair revealed that his death was the result of an “accidental overdose of heroin and other drugs.” Reid, who had struggled with heroin in the past and had overdosed 3 times in 2 years, also had trace amounts of Clonazepam and Xanax in his system.
The Charlotte Observer has comments from the Flair family about the report. Reid’s mother, Beth, admitted that she thought that his death was the result of a drug overdose and that the autopsy report didn’t surprise her.
“I knew his fears and I knew how to help him,” Beth said. “All he wanted to do was stay busy, train and keep his mind off the old triggers, then go back to Japan. He was doing really well there. He was happy.”
Ric Flair also spoke with the newspaper, saying, “I loved him… He should have been on top of the world, but he was fighting a battle he couldn’t win. I hope people remember his laugh, his spirit and his love of life.”
You can read the full article by clicking here.
Source: The Charlotte Observer
Gary Emmitt contributed to this article.