Thanks to WrestlingINC.com readers Sherrod Jones and @hanoversports for sending in these results from tonight’s Impact Wrestling taping in Norfolk, VA:
– Christopher Daniels defeated Jay Bradley
– Jay Bradley defeated Joseph Park in the BFG Series (this was taped after next week’s show)
Impact Results for 8/22:
– Impact opens with Christopher Daniels, Bobby Roode and Kazarian walking to the ring. Roode talks about Bully Ray winning the title and says that he’s a marked man. Kazarian gloats about winning the ladder match, when James Storm and Gunner interrupted. A brawl broke out, which led to our first match.
– Bobby Roode and Kazarian defeated James Storm and Gunner in a non-title match after Roode nailed Storm with a low blow and got the pin.
– Manik defeated Sonjay Dutt in a solid match.
– A street fight was next, and trash cans, cones, sticks and parking cans are setip around the ring. It was originally Jay Bradley vs. Hernandez, but it got changed to a four way street fight to include Christopher Daniels and Joseph Park. Park wins the match.
– New TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray came out and talked about winning the title. Tito Ortiz came out and talked about how he turned on Rampage Jackson. Brooke Hogan’s music came out, but it was Miss Tessmacher who made out with Bully Ray to end the segment.
– Gail Kim defeated ODB with a rollup.
– The Main Event Mafia vs. Aces & 8’s is next, with the person who loses the fall getting fired. Bully Ray, Tito Ortiz and Miss Tessmacher are watching from ramp. Suddenly, AJ Styles music hits. He comes out, looks at Bully and then his old music hits! Styles won the match for his team after pinning Devon with the Styles clash, so Devon is now fired. Good match with several near falls.
After the show went off the air, Devon took in the cheers from the crowd and took off his vest. Great crowd energy for a four hour show.