WWE held a SummerSlam Press Conference today in Los Angeles. You can watch it in the video above, here are some highlights:
* Tons of Funk come out and dance to kick off the event.
* Michael Cole takes the stage. He announces that the SummerSlam pre-show will kick off at 6PM CT and be an hour long. Cole mentions that Shawn Michaels, Booker T and Natayla will be involved in the SummerSlam panel. Cole then introduces Triple H.
* Triple H is then introduced. Triple H asked the crowd if they were ready. Hunter talked about giving back to the host city via their various events leading up to SummerSlam, and hyped SummerSlam Axxess.
* Triple H said he had his own SummerSlam memories, but he can’t wait to see the matches on Sunday.
* Michael Cole returns to the stage to introduce the Total Divas. Before he does that, they show a preview clip of the show.
* Michael Cole hyped Brie Bella vs. Natalya and said Nikki Bella and Eva will be with Brie, while Natalya will have Cameron and Naomi in her corner.
* Michael Cole introduced Nikki and Brie Bella, Eva Marie, Cameron, Naomi, JoJo, “and the talented Natalya.”
* Eva stepped up and said viewers see the newbies good days and bad days. She said she’s learned a few lessons so far, but questioned whether they really thought she should go blonde.
* Naomi took her turn at the podium and said the Total Divas show gives viewers a chance to see what they go through to be Divas.
* Jo Jo stepped up talked about singing the national anthem at SummerSlam.
* Natalya took her turn and spoke about being proud of Jo Jo. Natalya took offense to Brie referring to herself as a veteran during her speech.
* Natalya said she and the Funkadactyls will prove who the real veteran of the Diva division is.
* Michael Cole then introduced Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio said SummerSlam is his favorite event of the year. He recalled becoming World Champion in Los Angeles for the first time and said he would remain the champion on Sunday.
* Michael Cole introduced CM Punk. Punk came out and Punk thanked Paul Heyman for putting 13 staples in his head and Brock Lesnar for making the challenge of getting his hands around Heyman’s throat that much more difficult.
* CM Punk said fighting Lesnar won’t be easy, but his goal is to return the favor by putting staples in Heyman’s head. Punk said Lesnar seems to think size matters. He said he doesn’t know whether the ladies in attendance would agree with that. Punk said that just because Lesnar is big doesn’t mean he’s afraid of him and won’t take the fight to him.
* Michael Cole introduces Daniel Bryan. Bryan walked out dressed in a suit with a big smile on his face. Bryan said this is the first time WWE has actually invited him to a press conference. He said John Cena is a certain type of performer who is very good at what he does. Bryan said he is a very different type of performer and the type that WWE needs for change.
* Michael Cole introduced Stephanie McMahon. Stephanie plugged celebrity involvement and some of their charitable events for SummerSlam week. Stephanie also praised John Cena for his Make-A-Wish work.
* John Cena comes out. Cena congratulated the cast of Total Divas on the early success of the show. Cena said he and Bryan aren’t all that different. Cena questioned whether Bryan will define himself as the next Rock or Cena or the first Daniel Bryan. Cole called for Bryan and Triple H to join Cena on the stage for photos. Triple H raised both of their hands to wrap up the press conference.