– Daniel Bryan may not have won over The Authority, but Bryan was voted four PWI Achievement awards for 2013 by Pro Wrestling Illustrated readers: Wrestler of the Year, Most Popular Wrestler of the Year, Match of the Year (SummerSlam, vs. John Cena), and Feud of the Year (vs. The Authority). The annual PWI Year-End issue can be ordered in both print and digital formats at pwi-online.com.
– The Temple News has an interview with former ECW announcer Joey Styles here, who currently acts as WWE Vice President of Digital Media Content. In the interview, Styles discussed his current duties.
“Story-telling is in everything WWE does,” Styles said, who covers broadcasts on WWE.com and links page to other related content on the site. “I’m not only copy-editing, I’m making sure certain adjectives are used so readers want to boo the bad guy and cheer the good guy. If a villain rolls out of the ring, he’s a coward. If a hero rolls out, he’s smart.”
Styles also discussed getting his start in the business and more, you can read the full article at this link.
– The Sentinel has an article about U.K. women’s wrestler Anna Forrester hoping to get a WWE developmental contract at this link. She noted that she started watching wrestling when she was 13 and has wanted to be a part of it since she was 18.
– For a limited time you can get authentic, old school and special edition t-shirts for only $20.14 at WWEShop.com by clicking here.
– As noted earlier, Philadelphia Eagle LeSean McCoy wore a World Heavyweight Title belt after last night’s Sunday Night Football game for his season rushing title. WrestlingINC.com reader Mike P. passed along this photo of McCoy wearing the belt: