As noted earlier, Sting participated in a Q&A show at Camden Highlight Club in London this past weekend. Here are some more highlights from the Q&A, courtesy of WrestlingINC.com reader Scott Hainge, who also sent the photo above:
- Sting did seem to be going through the motions, as if to say, "you know I have signed with New York, but I can't say it out loud."
- He really enjoyed working with Hulk Hogan and named Hogan the number one draw in the history of the business.
- He talked about Lex Luger, and noted vain Lex was about his physique. He told a road story about The Steiners ribbing Lex and Sting when Ric was driving and spinning around on ice, shouting out, "oh no, we are going to crash." Sting said that he and Lex were totally flipping out.
- He talked in depth about the Ultimate Warrior, saying that no one in the gym has ever come close to training like Jim Helwig did, and that he was a beast. He said Warrior deserved to be in the WWE Hall of Fame and no one really cares about the 2005 DVD [where WWE buried Warrior] as everyone has moved on. Sting also noted that Warrior was a major star who had a major rise in the business, very quickly.
- Someone asked him a personal question about Ric Flair and what he loves about women. Sting joked that Flair loves women with hairy arms.
- Sting did have talks with WWE about coming in in 2002. He said that he believes in his heart that if he joined the whole Invasion angle in 2001, it would have changed the business forever.
- He also said that he didn't rate himself as a top guy in terms of performers, and that he was a second tier guy. He named Flair, Steamboat, HBK and Angle as all being in the top tier.
For more from Sting's Q&A, including Sting discussing TNA wanting his blonde look back, Eric Bischoff, Dixie Carter's lack of mic skills, Vince Russo, pushing for Magnus and more, click here.