- Matt Hardy will be defending his MCW Heavyweight Championship for the first time against Ryan McBride at MCW's "Friday Night Fights" tonight at The Greektown Square in Baltimore, MD. The event will benefit show Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church. Rikishi, Christopher Daniels and Papadon are also scheduled to appear at the event. There will also be a pre-show fan fest before the event starts from 6:30 to 8:00PM featuring Hardy, Daniels, Rikishi and Papadon. All that is needed to attend the fan fest is a ticket to the event. You can get more at MCW's official website or by calling the 24 Hour MCW Information line at (410) 541-6291.
- Rikishi will also be appearing at PCW's "Unleashed 2014" this Saturday at the National Guard Armory in Martinsburg, West Virginia. You can get more information or purchase tickets at this link.
- Also this Saturday, Empire State Wrestling presents a show at the St. Johnsburg Fire Hall in North Tonawanda, NY. In the main event, ESW Heavyweight Champion Chris Cooper defends the title against Gregory Iron. Also on the card, AR Fox faces Kevin Bennett. You can get more information or purchase tickets at eswwrestling.com.
- A Kickstarter campaign recently launched for the Behind the Ropes pro wrestling documentary, which you can back by clicking here. The film will take fans on a journey with some legends of wrestling and highlight Andrew "The Reinforcer" Anderson's path to becoming East Coast Pro Wrestling (ECPW)'s current heavyweight champion. The film is currently in production and Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Tito Santana, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, The Boogeyman, Tony Atlas and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan have already filmed for the movie.
- Speaking of Atlas and Duggan, Duggan talked about their heat in an interview with Philly.com.
"With Piper and I, even though we didn't really know each other, once we got there and got to talk we noticed we had a lot in common," Atlas said. "In our profession there is a high divorce rate, a high drug and alcoholism rate, a high death rate and Piper and I sat and talked and we both realized that it's about family. He loves his family, he's been with his wife for a while, we had an awful lot more in common than we had thought."
"With Tony Atlas and I, I've known Tony for 25, 30 years and we butted heads that whole length of time, but we've always been in a dressing room, locker room type of situation where you're not together all the time. I just got tired of his B.S. Tony had trouble with everybody in the house. I can understand having trouble with me Piper and I. We're kind of hard to deal with anyway, but to have trouble with Hillbilly Jim? Hillbilly is almost like a Buddhist monk, he's so easy-going and you got to work at it to have trouble with Billy."
Anthony contributed to this article.