After a year and a half out of the cage, it seems as if former UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre is softening his stance on a potential return to MMA. UFC President Dana White said last week he didn’t think GSP would be back.

“(Dana White) says he’s sure I won’t come back, that’s his opinion,” St-Pierre told the Winnipeg Sun. “I train, I keep myself in shape. I have marks on my body because my body bruises easily and I’m training hard. It doesn’t mean I’m coming back, but it doesn’t mean I’m not coming back. I’m thinking about it.”

St-Pierre went on an indefinite hiatus in 2013, citing personal issues. Later he would go on to say that he wouldn’t return unless the UFC cleaned up the performance enhancing drug situation was cleared up. The UFC pledged millions of dollars in an effort to clean up the sport earlier this year.

– Quinton “Rampage” Jackson is locked in an ongoing legal battle with the UFC and Bellator over who has the contractual rights to promote his fights. Jackson terminated his own contract late last year after he said that Bellator didn’t follow provisions that were included in his original contract.

Bellator is attempting to prevent Jackson from fighting on this month’s UFC 186 pay-per-view, where he’s scheduled to take on Fabio Maldonado. A New Jersey judge will announce next Tuesday whether she will grant Jackson’s former employer, Bellator MMA, a preliminary injunction against him. This would keep him from fighting later this month.

– Bellator President Scott Coker confirmed that he’s in preliminary discussions with unbeaten heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury. Fury has made headlines in the past for criticizing MMA and MMA fighters, saying that he’d defeat UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez. Fury was previously offered a fight by the UFC, but the two side couldn’t reach an agreement financially.

Have a news tip or correction? Send it to [email protected]

counter

Sign up for Wrestling Inc. Breaking News Alerts

Instagram iconFollow Wrestling Inc. on Instagram.