- Masters of Ring Entertainment, LLC, a special events pro wrestling organization, announced two events on Saturday, May 23rd at the Coastline Convention Center in Wilmington, NC. The Women in Wrestling Fan Expo from 10 AM to 5 PM is a fan convention featuring some of the greatest legends in the history of the sport including Trish Stratus, Amy 'Lita' Dumas, Lisa Marie Varon, Lisa 'Ivory' Moretti, Terri Runnels, GLOW legend Little Egypt, Missy Hyatt and current NWA Women's Champion, Santana Garrett.
That evening from 8pm - 10pm will be "Lasting Legacy – A Tribute to Women in Wrestling," which is a banquet / hall of fame style event honoring the women of pro wrestling. The event will be headlined by Trish Stratus, and will also feature Amy Dumas, Lisa Marie Varon, Lisa Moretti, Terri Runnels, Little Egypt, Missy Hyatt and more. Food options will be available for purchase. You can get more information or purchase tickets at MastersofRingEntertainment.com.
- We noted yesterday that former WWE creative writer Kevin Eck is blogging at SportsBlog.com and posted a blog about WWE voting being completely legitimate during his time with the company from 2011 - 2014. He also recently posted a blog about the state of the Divas division, and noted that for them to be really given a chance, they need better creative. He noted how The Bella Twins are suddenly babyfaces, and wrote about how Nikki and Brie got back together after feuding last year with no storyline explanation. He wrote:
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the questionable booking. During my time on the WWE creative team, we actually were told that there really are no babyfaces or heels in the Divas division. It was strongly implied that the Divas are all just a bunch of catty chicks, most of whom are mentally unstable.
A perfect example of that philosophy was the booking of the program between AJ and Paige last year. Instead of establishing a babyface and a heel, both characters acted heelish.
Their "frenemies" angle was more confusing than compelling. Thus, the rivalry between one of the most "over" Divas of all time and a heralded newcomer to the main roster wasn't nearly as good as it should have been.
The audience needs someone to root for. It's really not that complicated.
You can read the full blog entry here.
- The Bella Twins will be appearing at Wizard World Minneapolis Comic Con in the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis this Saturday from 1 - 4pm. They will participate in a Q&A panel from 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm. You can get more details here. We would appreciate photos from the appearance as well as reports for the Q&A, so if you are attending one, please send us a report by clicking here.
- The Bellas spoke to ABC News affiliate KSTP 5 in Minneapolis about this weeekend's appearance. During the interview, they were asked about they loved most about professional wrestling. They replied:
"I love being in that ring! So many Divas want to be managing SuperStars and be in romantic storylines, but not me. I want to be The Divas Champion! I want to be standing strong on my own and taking on other Divas. There's no better feeling conquering a man's world."
- Speaking of the Bella Twins, they took to the ice yesterday and got some hockey lessons from the Anaheim Ducks. You can check out photos below: