- In the video above, Goldberg urges fans to get their tickets for the June 7th Legends of Wrestling event at Citi Field in Queens, NY. Goldberg advised Scott Steiner to not worry about getting a seat, since he saved him one right next to him. For tickets visit METS.com/wrestling.
- The Ottawa Community News has a story here about this Saturday's Great North Wrestling event in Ottawa featuring Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake and Devon "Hannibal" Nicholson.
- The back and forth between Chris Jericho and hackers "Galvanize Mob" appears to be continuing. The group had hacked Jericho several times this week, and as of this writing, Jericho's Instagram page is down.
- Kurt Angle, Tammy Sytch, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Ted Dibiase Sr., Tatanka, Tito Santana, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka and Mo from Men on a Mission will be appearing at a Glenkelly.com real estate charity event on Saturday, June 13th at noon at the Beachcomber Bar and Grill, 100 Ocean Terrace in Seaside Heights, NJ. You can get more details here.
- Speaking of Angle, he was at Pittsburgh Pirates game earlier this week and one of our readers sent this report:
Last night I attended the Pittsburgh Pirates game against the Miami Marlins, and while I was waiting in line at the prize wheel I saw on social media that Kurt Angle was at the game. From the angle it looked like the press box, which I can understand since I would assume he wouldn't want the attention.
After I go to my regular seats for the game (I'm a season ticket holder), I noticed Kurt and his two older kids sitting right in front of me! I didn't want to bother him, since he was there with his kids. Probably was a good decision, since a lot of people did recognize him and he appeared to be somewhat irritated that people knew who he was.
Later, just like every Pirates home game, at the end of the 6th inning they show some live tweets from Twitter during the game. The last tweet they showed was the tweet Angle made with the photo of him and his kids. (The Pirates have done this before when notable celebrities are in attendance: I was at a game a couple of years ago--coincidentally also against the Marlins--where the last tweet they showed was that of former Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch.) I clapped in support, was kind-of surprised it didn't get more of a reaction, probably because the 7th inning was getting ready to start. Kurt's daughter Kyra then turned around and noticed my reaction in supporting her dad.
At that moment I went ahead and gave her the tote bag that I won from the prize wheel from earlier. She asked me if I was sure, I said yes since I had already won a tote bag from there earlier in the year. She showed the tote bag to her dad, who turned around and thanked whoever gave her the bag. I told him it was me, and we ended up briefly talking about me having met him years ago at a WWE-sponsored autograph signing at Walmart back when he still had hair. I told him I didn't want to bother him at the stadium since he was there with his kids but I did want to give his daughter the tote bag. He went on to say thank you again and that he appreciated someone giving something away to one of his kids. He ended up being nicer to me than some of the other fans who were recognizing him.
They ended up leaving during the 7th inning stretch (presumably since it is a school night for his kids), but I thought it was kind-of cool that Angle would sit in the stands--in the grandstand, no less--as opposed to sitting in the press box or one of the luxury suites. Him and his kids looked like they had a good time, and his son Kody was somewhat heckling the players, showing some of his dad's heel Angle traits while doing it.