Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com NXT coverage. Tonight's episode serves as the go-home show for this weekend's big NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn event.
- William Regal is out to preside over the Women's Title contract signing. Bayley says that she's ready to win, and Sasha knows it. Sasha says these fans are dumb and they're the reason TakeOver will be in Brooklyn and not at Full Sail. Sasha says she'll cement her legacy as the greatest champion WWE or NXT has ever seen. Sasha says Becky and Charlotte were threats, and Bayley's not. Sasha says there's a reason Bayley isn't on Raw or Smackdown. Sasha leaves, but Bayley attacks, and the two have to be separated.
- We see an Apollo Crews hype video.
Tyler Breeze vs. Rob Ryzin
Arm drag, superkick. Pin. No name given for the enhancement talent, but it's Rob Ryzin.
Winner: Tyler Breeze via pinfall (Super Model Kick)
Breeze puts a Liger mask on the jobber, Beauty Shots him and counts the three.
Hype Bros, Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady (w/ Carmella) vs. Jesse Sorenson & 3 NXT Recruits
Again, no names given for the jobbers, but Jesse Sorenson is one of them. Ryder hits big knees and a giant missile dropkick on him, followed by an axehandle by Enzo. Amore is pushed into the corner, where he's double teamed by Purple Hair and Leather Pants. Enzo hits an Enzo-guri and tags Cass. Colin cleans house, but Sorenson breaks up a pin attempt only to eat a Broski Boot. Rocket Launcher for the win.
Winners: Hype Bros, Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady via pinfall (Rocket Launcher)
- Dawson, Wilder, Jordan and Gable are backstage trashing Enzo, Cass, and the Hype Bros.
Samoa Joe vs. Steve Cutler
Cutler attacks Joe, but eats a uranage and applies the Kokina Clutch for the win.
Winner: Samoa Joe via submission (Kokina Clutch)
Baron Corbin comes out and attacks Samoa Joe. He hits End of Days, which was impressive.
- Apparently Bull Dempsey will be new & improved soon.
Blake & Murphy (w/ Alexa Bliss) vs. Angelo Dawkins and Sawyer Fulton
Dawkins lands a couple of arm drags, but quickly gets double teamed by Blake and Murphy. Dawkins manages a big punch and a hot tag to Fulton, who gets big chants from the crowd. Fulton lands a big backbreaker and gutwrench suplex to Murphy, but falls victim to the running suplex/frog splash for the pin.
Winners: Blake & Murphy via pinfall (Frog splash)
The Vaudevillians come out to make announcement. Bliss just repeatedly slaps them and they can't announce it. Well, then.
- Kevin Owens is out with a ladder and calls the crowd hypocrites for cheering him until he beats up Sami Zayn. He calls the NXT crowd the "John Cena of wrestling fans." He calls them ungrateful for booing the fact that NXT sold out a 13,000 seat arena because they can't see it live. He says he's going to beat Finn Balor and shove it in everyone's face. This is a great promo.
Balor's music hits, but he isn't in the entrance way, he's in the ring. The two go at it, but Balor misses Owens with the ladder. Owens runs away to end the show.