– The 2015 WWE SummerSlam Kickoff pre-show opens live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn with Renee Young, Corey Graves, Byron Saxton and Booker T. We see fans finding their seats in the background.
– We go backstage to Tom Phillips in the social media lounge. Fans can submit questions for Neville and Stephen Amell with the Twitter hashtag #WWEArrows. Phillips shows us some of the fan art that has been made for this match. We go back to the panel and they talk about Jon Stewart hosting tonight’s show. The panel discusses tonight’s match with Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose vs. The Wyatt Family. Booker says he’s going with the “craziest team” but they’re not sure which is the craziest. We get a video for Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker.
– We see Jon Stewart backstage talking to John Cena about Seth Rollins. Stewart introduces his son and gets him an autograph. Stewart jokes like he’s going to sell the autograph because he’s retired and needs money now. We get a video for tonight’s “Winner Takes All” co-main event. The panel talks about the match next. Booker says Cena is fighting for his legacy and this is big. Graves says Rollins hasn’t received the respect he deserves since being champion. We get a video with highlights from SummerSlam week in New York City. We get discussion for Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens now. Graves predicts Owens, Saxton wonders if Owens can even walk after last night. Owens comes walking over to the panel as fans pop. Booker backtracks on his comments about Owens being jealous of Cesaro. Owens says Cesaro is the one who’s jealous. Owens says he’s going to turn the “Cesaro Section” into the “silent section” tonight. Owens yells in Booker’s face, asking if he “digs that” before walking off. We get a video for tonight’s Divas Revolution match.
– Booker likes Team PCB for tonight’s match, Saxton picks Team BAD and Graves reminds us that Team Bella has stepped up lately. We go to another break. We get discussion for tonight’s WWE Tag Team Title and WWE Intercontinental Title matches. They also discuss Sheamus vs. Randy Orton. Rich Brennan gets comments from Sheamus backstage and he’s ready to put Orton away. JoJo is backstage with Stephanie McMahon. She says tonight’s match will establish the dominant Divas team. She says all of the Divas division has risen to the occasion since her announcement on RAW a few weeks back. She talks about women being dominant worldwide, naming Ronda Rousey, Serena Williams and the two women who finished the Army Rangers course. JoJo asks for a prediction and Stephanie won’t give one but says she’s anxious to see who wins because “to the victor goes the spoils.”
– We end up backstage with Phillips, Neville and Stephen Amell for fan questions. Neville says the biggest road block he’s had is his size because WWE is the land of the giants. They say “never say never” in regards to Neville possibly appearing on Neville. Amell admits he is nervous for his debut and touts how big SummerSlam at the Barclays Center is. He says he’s always nervous but in a positive way… such as before big scenes on set. Neville says they’re making sure this match won’t be forgotten tonight. We go back to the panel for discussion on Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler. We come back from a break for discussion on tonight’s main event. Graves goes with Lesnar, Saxton goes with The Undertaker and Booker believes Taker will dominate. We go to a video for Taker and Brock to wrap up the pre-show.
– The 2015 WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view kicks off with Lilian Garcia introducing host Jon Stewart. Stewart is in the ring and welcomes Brooklyn to SummerSlam. The Barclays Center is packed. Stewart says we’re here for a historic show with ten of the best bouts we’ve ever seen. Stewart says he spent the past 16 years talking about politics but it’s nice to be back in reality. Stewart says the performers tonight respect their audience, unlike politicians. He names off the various Superstars competing tonight and they get booed or cheered. Stewart says he’s one of the guys still upset about The Streak ending. He wanted to come to Brooklyn to tell Brock Lesnar how he feels but as a small weak man, he knew he needed backup. Stewart thought he would interview Lesnar tonight but brought some help… WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley, who comes out to a pop.
Foley heads to the ring as Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by JBL and Jerry Lawler. Fans chant for Foley and he does the “cheap pop” for Brooklyn. Foley talks about Stewart calling him the other day and he misunderstood, Foley thought Stewart wanted him to come help interview The Rock, not Brock. Foley says he’s terrified of Lesnar. Stewart brings up Hell In a Cell and says it inspired him, so why is Foley scared of Lesnar? Foley says that was 17 years ago. Foley says he’s never visited Suplex City and won’t change that now. Foley says Stewart is on his own. Stewart changes his mind and just wants to get to the matches. They leave to Foley’s music and we go to an opening video for SummerSlam.