The International Business Times reports that Anonymous, the international group of hacker activists, uncovered information today about other upcoming attacks planned by ISIS, a.k.a. ISIL and Daesh. Oddly enough, the only U.S. target listed was this Sunday's Survivor Series pay-per-view at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA. It was noted in an email from Anonymous that while they have found threats for the event, it wasn't 100% confirmed.
Anonymous declared a cyberwar on ISIS following the terrorist attacks in Paris last week that left 130 people dead. They promised to hunt the group down and shut down social media accounts spreading their propaganda as part of a campaign called Operation Paris, which has already led to nearly 9,000 Twitter accounts being deleted.
"The goal is to make sure the whole world, or at least the people going to these events, know that there have been threats and that there is possibility of an attack to happen," the group said in a statement. "Another goal is to make sure Daesh knows that the world knows and cancels the attacks, which will disorientate them for a while."
They listed the following targets in addition to Sunday's pay-per-view:
- Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris)
- Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)
- Demonstration by Collectif du Droit des Femmes (Paris)
Not 100% confirmed:
- Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)
- Al-Jihad, One Day One Juz (Indonesia)
- Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)
- University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon)
Source: International Business Times