In this episode of Nuclear Heat, Vince Russo brings you back to the WWE circa 1996-1997 when the companies popularity was at an all-time low with their financials were dangling over the danger zone. Vince explains, what took place when he approached Vince McMahon with the TRUTH, and nothing but THE TRUTH concerning his fledging product. Come full circle some 20 years later and here we are again. Can the direction once again be changed? And, if so--what drastic measures need to be taken?! Topics include:
- Vince not agreeing with other writers and bookers.
- People disliking and attacking him without knowing him personally.
- Hating WWE's product in 1995 and 1996 despite working for them.
- Telling Vince McMahon that the WWE show was terrible.
- Who helped get him into WCW.
- Talking to Eric Bischoff for the first time.
- Vince McMahon showing up during Russo's meeting with Linda.
- McMahon getting mad at him.
- What it takes to change, no wrestlers promoting change.
You can see the full episode above, or listen to it below. You can also download directly at this link. If you want to subscribe, you can do so through iTunes as well as our RSS feed, which you can use this to subscribe through any podcast app. If you're enjoying the show, please subscribe and rate on iTunes!