Thanks to Wrestling Inc. readers Christopher Cawley and Alan-Michael Stevens for these results from last night's WWE live event in Florence, SC:
From Alan-Michael Stevens:
* The Prime Time Players defeated Los Matadores
This was one of the most empty arenas I have ever been in. Myself as well as several others were moved from higher up seats to the floor seats. Good for me, but bad for WWE. Overall, OK show.
From Christopher Cawley:
Lots of empty seats, entire upper sections empty. Quite a few empties on the floor as well. Those who were there, though, were HOT. Hot crowd. JoJo was your ring announcer.
* Neville vs Heath Slater. Short but entertaining, Neville wins with the Red Arrow.
* Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow vs Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman. Wyatts came to ring with "odd" music. Anyway, Axel/Sandow got in a fair bit of offense before Braun pretty much crushed them. Wyatts win via submission (Braun submitted Axel).
* Tyler Breeze vs Dolph Ziggler. Second-best match of the night. Good long bout with false finishes galore. Summer Rae was ejected from ringside after attempting to hit Dolph with her shoe. Dolph wins via pinfall after superkick and Zigzag.
* Connor's Cure promo
* Prime Time Players vs Los Matadores. L.M. heeled it up throughout. Short but entertaining. PTP win with a double pin * both hit their finishers on LM and ref counted both down.
* Bray Wyatt vs Kane. Good solid match. Back and forth. Kane wins with chokeslam. I forgot just how big he really is in person. He hammed it up with "The Sign Guy" after the win, and bowed to the audience at the top of the entrance-way.
* Becky Lynch and Bayley vs Sasha Banks and Naomi. Decent match, Sasha got a good pop. Becky and Bayley win via tapout (Becky tapped out Naomi).
* Rusev vs Ryback. 5 stars, stole the show. LONG match. Lana looked stunning in a cocktail dress... she sang "You Are My Sunshine" to Rusev, and told us all to "shuttttttt-up." Ryback hit a missle dropkick off the top AND a flying body press ala Ricky Steamboat. Lots and lots of false finishes. Rusev clamps on the Accolade only to have Ryback kind of stand up, hop Rusev into the Shellshock, boom, 1-2-3. What a match.
* Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens for the IC Title. Short but high-intensity... if they had more time it would have been better. Kevin played the coward role a few times, threatening to walk out. End came in a disqualification after KO used a chair. Dean hit the Dirty Deeds on the chair though to send everyone out (relatively) happy.
Good show. Raw and Smackdown are "Sports Entertainment," and the house show was "professional wrestling." None of the promos or long, drawn-out nonsense segments. Wrestling from top to bottom and, like I said, Rusev and Ryback stole the show.
Biggest pops: Ryback, Ambrose (I'd call it a tie), Neville, PTP, Sasha
Most Heat: Rusev/Lana, Owens