- As noted, WWE NXT will be running in Milwaukee on January 14th, January 15th in Green Bay and January 16th in Chicago. The brand will be running two shows on some nights as they have live events scheduled for January 14th in Winter Haven, Florida and January 15th in Cocoa Beach, Florida. They're also running two crews in late January as they announced a January 29th show set for Pittsburgh and a January 30th show set for the Detroit area, but also will be in Florida that weekend with a January 29th show in Largo and a January 30th show in Venice.
WWE will likely use a crew with less star power for the Florida shows as the crowds there are mostly regulars who are a lot more accepting of newer talents that are still learning. It also makes more sense to use the seasoned and more popular stars on the road in the new markets with hardcore fans that are more likely to give the less experienced talents a negative reaction. Either way, it's pretty big that NXT is kicking off 2016 with new markets and two crews. I have heard a lot of talk about major NXT touring plans that could be revealed later in 2016.
- Below are attendance figures from the NXT UK tour, the first-ever overseas trip for the brand:
* December 10th in Newcastle, England drew 3,300 fans
* December 11th in Glasgow, Scotland drew 4,500 fans
* December 12th in Sheffield, England drew 2,500 fans
* December 13th in Blackpool, England drew a sellout 2,000 fans
* December 14th in Nottingham, England drew 2,500 fans
* December 15th in Cardiff, Wales drew a sellout 3,200 fans
* December 16th in London for Takeover drew a sellout of above 7,000 fans, announced as 10,079
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Subscribe to The Wrestling Observer by clicking here. Each issue has coverage and analysis of all the major news, plus history pieces. New subscribers can also receive free classic issues.