- Michael Page decided to take matters into his own hands Saturday at Bellator 158. The top welterweight prospect landed a devastating knee to the head of Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos, knocking the Brazilian out and keeping the his perfect record intact. Following the finishing move, "MVP" added Santos to his collection thanks to Pokemon Go.
Page wasn't the only one to claim an important victory from London, as former welterweight champion Douglas Lima out-pointed Paul Daley. Lima, returning to action for the first time since dropping the belt to Andrey Koreshkov, controlled the action and earned a clean sweep of the scorecards.
Matt Mitrione, a former UFC heavyweight, picked up his second win in less than a month, downing Oli Thompson. Complete results can be found below:
* Douglas Lima def. Paul Daley via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* Matt Mitrione def. Oli Thompson via KO (strike) at 4:21 of Round 2
* Francis Carmont def. Lukasz Klinger via submission (D'arce choke) at 3:54 of Round 1
* Michael Page def. Evangelista Santos via KO (flying knee) at 4:31 of Round 2
* James Gallagher def. Mike Cutting via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
* James Mulheron def. Neil Grove via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-26)
* Manuel Garcia def. Alex Reid via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
* Luiz Henrique Tosta vs. Dean Garnett ended in a majority draw (29-27, 28-28, 28-28)
* Pietro Menga def. Spencer Hewitt via KO (strike) at :41 of Round 1
* Mike Shupman def. Dominic Clark via submission (anaconda choke) in Round 1
* Jason Radcliffe def. Jack Mason via KO (knee) at :14 of Round 1
* Nathaniel Wood def. Chase Morton via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:55 of Round 3
* Danny Mitchell def. CJ Meeks via submission (Twister) at 4:25 of Round 1
- RIZIN FF will bring back legends Wanderlei Silva and Mirko Filipovic for an open-weight tournament that will take place over the final half of the year. The Japanese promotion announced the event recently, which begins in September and concludes on New Year's Eve.
Neither Filipovic, who failed a drug test and announced his retirement earlier this year, or Silva will be in action in the early round of the tournament. "Cro Cop" was given a two-year suspension by the USADA, but RIZIN does not fall under their control. Silva, meanwhile was involved in a car accident a few months ago and likely needs more time to recover. He is also suspended from competing in the U.S. until next year.
Another former UFC fighter, Daron Cruickshank, will compete on the September 25 card against Andy Souwer. A sumo stylist, Kaido Hoovelson, is also scheduled for the tournament against Kazuyuki Fujita.
damien demento contributed to this article.