UFC Fighter Arrested, "The Ultimate Fighter" Alum In A Coma, UFC 204 "Countdown" Preview

- The UFC released a replay of the entire "Countdown" program for Saturday's UFC 204 card. The series takes an in-depth look at the main event between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and challenger Dan Henderson.

Along with Bisping-Henderson, middleweight contenders Vitor Belfort and Gegard Mousasi square off from Manchester, England on pay-per-view, and a light heavyweight encounter between Ovince Saint Preux and Jimi Manuwa is featured.

- Michael Graves, a former competitor on The Ultimate Fighter, was arrested on a battery charge and removed from a planned November bout at UFC Fight Night 100. The promotion made the announcement in a press release.

Graves (6-0-1) was set to meet Sergio Moraes on November 19 from Sao Paulo, Brazil. He has gone 2-0-1 inside the Octagon.

"The UFC organization is aware that Michael Graves was arrested over the weekend on a misdemeanor battery charge," the statement read. "The organization takes this situation seriously and is in the process of gathering more information. Graves has been removed from his scheduled bout on Nov. 19 as a result of the pending legal matter."

- Another current UFC fighter and alum of The Ultimate Fighter, Josh Samman, was found unresponsive in his South Florida apartment recently. The Hollywood (Florida) Police Department released a statement in the incident, which left one person dead and Samman in a coma.

On Thursday, September 29, 2016, at 7:14 p.m. the City of Hollywood Police Department responded to the call of a possible drug overdose in the 2200 Block of N 58th Avenue. Officers arrived to discover a white male deceased inside the residence. The victim was identified as Troy Jeffrey Kirkingburg, who lived at this location. Upon arrival, officers also discovered another man, later identified as Josh Samman of Tallahassee, inside the home. Samman was breathing, and had a pulse, but was unresponsive.

The two men were found by a friend, Hunter Sundberg, who immediately called 911 and began CPR until officers arrived.

There were not any signs of foul play. Detectives are investigating. No more information is available at this time.


Back To Top