Thank you for joining WrestlingInc's coverage of WWE 205 Live. Tonight's episode will feature a rematch for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship between new champ Rich Swann and challenger Brian Kendrick.
- We open up with a video package of Swann's big win last week and furthering his back story. Three man booth once again with Ranallo, Graves, and Aries. Aries makes fun of the "rumors" of Ranallo's contract status. We head straight into the ring for singles action.
Noam Dar vs. Cedric Alexander
Before the match, we get a look backstage at Alicia Fox with Alexander. She say's she'll be watching every move and plants a smooch on the star from North Carolina. Clean handshake gets us started as it appears they're shifting fans to camera-side once again this week. Side head lock form Dar, but his stutter steps when running ropes already scare me. He reapplies the head lock and moves into an arm submission. First match should be high paced in my opinion, but we're deflating the building so far. Alexander able to create some space. Cedric heads to the air but Dar ducks and Alexander makes a halt. Dar slows the pace once again with more submissions and ground and pound. Alexander busts out of the corner now with some chops, but gets kicked back down. Chemistry between these two not exemplary. Finally we have a "let's go Cedric" chant and it fires him up enough to land a flurry of strikes. Running cross body from Alexander into the corner followed by a kick and flying cross body. Cover for a two. Alexander shaking out the left arm after it being worked over the majority of the match. Dar counters Alexander's signature springboard rope run with a kick to the left arm. Dar applies another arm bar and Alexander fails to makes the ropes. Cedric counters into a pin, but unable to get the win. Alexander misses on a split leg moonsault but Dar sends him into the ring post. Running kick from Dar gets the win.
Winner via Pinfall: Noam Dar
- After the match, Dar makes light of Swann's interview last week and boasts his new contract. He dedicates the match to Alicia Fox, much to the crowd's chagrin.
- Video package highlighting Mustafa Ali. Thought he performed really well in the CWC. He confidently touts his all-around in-ring ability.
- Backstage with Rich Swann and TJ Perkins. A little friendly competition banter between the two. TJP says Swann has been getting lucky quite a bit lately. Perkins says Swann is good enough to beat Kendrick, but not, well, you know the rest.
Ariya Daivari vs. Jack Gallagher
In another rematch from last week and again on Monday Night RAW, The Extraordinary Gentleman and Persian Lion go at it once again. Jacky Boy selling his knee injury with the tape and Daivari goes right after it. It's no match for Gallagher's unique reversals. Gallagher unable to get the full surfboard in, so he just stomps on the legs of Daivari. Handstand on the ropes from Jack and uses the boot as a block and a mind game. Daivari goes for it anyway and met with a boot from Gallagher. Daivari grabs a rope to get a break and a clean break wasn't going to happen as Daivari is back on the prowl. Gallagher showing he can land some shots in addition to his technical ability, but unable to get the best of Daivari. Another submission heavy match. Unique pinfall attempts from Gallagher but Daivari continuously kicks out. Big head but from the Englishman and covers for a near fall. A la Aries, roaring elbow from Daivari then attacks the knee once again. Frog Splash from Daivari, covers, and gets the three.
Winner via Pinfall: Ariya Daivari
- Video package for the "Golden Lynx," Lince Dorado. Actually a decent promo and bilingual, so not sure why they didn't give him a chance to get himself over there.
- TJ Perkins out in street clothes to join the crew at ringside.
- Tom Phillips catches up with The Brian Kendrick before the main event. Kendrick says he was facing a lot of stress and pressure going into last week. Says this week he is focused and the result will be different. Kendrick puts Swann over as a great wrestler and human being, but says when he wins tonight, he's dedicating his win to himself.
Rich Swann (C) vs. The Brian Kendrick (Cruiserweight Championship Match)
Good reaction for the champ. Perkins and Aries with a mini-feud on commentary as the match gets started. They are feeling each other out with counter after counter. Showing their scouting, they each miss signature moves to gain the upper hand. Kendrick takes a short breather but is able to goad Swann to the outside. Kendrick hits Sliced Bread off the barricade on the outside. Hooks both legs once back in the ring but only a two. Kendrick wrenches on the neck with cross faces and forearms. German suplex from Kendrick into the Captain's Hook but Swann makes the ropes. Swann goes for a kick but misses most of it. Kendrick crashes to the outside nonetheless. Swann hits a modified Phoenix Splash from the turnbuckle to the outside. Back in the ring now, Swann hits a Tiger Bomb, goes for a cover and Kendrick out at two. Swann hits a big right and nails a driver of sorts that even Mauro Ranallo couldn't call. Swann swings and misses on a kick but lands the second. They trade huge kicks and both men are down. Crowd finally showing their appreciation.
Both men standing in the middle of the ring trading rights. Kendrick goes for the Captain's Hook once again, but Swann able to block. Swann reverses out but Kendrick transitions into it again. Swann gets to within a finger's length of the rope and Kendrick slides him back to the center. Swann tries to reverse to a cover, but Kendrick rolls back over into the submission. After a long battle, Swann makes the ropes. Kendrick utilizing the referee's break-up count to heelish perfection. Both men on the apron. Kendrick lands a boot to the face of Swann. Swann blocks Sliced Bread and sends the challenger into the ring post. Swann gets near decapitated, but Kendrick realizes he has to get Swann back in the ring to get the title back. Kendrick gets sent into TJP and they have a standoff. Gives Swann enough time to setup the "Swann Song" kick to retain his Cruiserweight Title.
Winner via Pinfall and STILL Cruiserweight Champion: Rich Swann
- After the match, Kendrick flies over the announce table to attack Perkins. Swann hurries back down to help out his friend, but is short lived after Perkins misses Kendrick with a super kick and hits Swann instead. Kendrick gloats and the others recovers as we head off the air.