Thank you for joining WrestlingInc's coverage of WWE NXT. Tonight's episode will feature the full NXT Championship match between Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura from Osaka, Japan. Let others know about our coverage by using the SHARE buttons on the page. For the most up-to-date information, hit the REFRESH button on your browser.
- We open up with highlights from NXT TakeOver: Toronto and look ahead to tonight's rematch as we head into the entrance video.
- New NXT Tag Team Champs #DIY make their way out to the ring and a nice reception. They head out into the crowd and celebrate with the NXT Universe. The new "top guys" make their way through the crowd and finally hit the ring, being met with "you deserve it" chants. After a lengthy celebration, the music finally cuts. As soon as they put the mics up to talk, Authors of Pain's music hits and Paul Ellering and his behemoths have a message. Ellering says the the prophecy of the Authors of Pain have come true, saying they're undefeated and Dusty Classic Champs. Not to be outdone, the old "top guys" show up and take an alternate route to the ramp to have a chat with #DIY. Dawson says the only reason any of them got through the Dusty Classic was because of them. AOP come down and shove Revival. Ellering says the next chapter in the tag team division will be written by AOP and shall read as them being tag team champions.
- Tom Phillips and Corey Graves talk about the state of NXT, including the commentators. Graves introduces former NXT competitor Percy Watson to the announce team. We see a video hyping Watson's return and he says hello as we head to our first match of the evening.
No Way Jose & Rich Swann vs. SAnitY (Eric Young & Alexander Wolfe)
There is one member of SAnitY conspicuously missing, as it appears to be Sawyer Fulton. Young throws Fulton's jacket out to the ramp. Wolfe and Jose start us off with some hard hitting chops. Tag made to Swann, Jose aids him into a rana. Swann gets caught by Wolfe, and the tag is made to EY. He quickly gets rid of Swann outside the ring and hits a stomp from the apron to the floor as we head to break.
Back from break and Swann gets slung into the corner and Young grinds away at Swann. The Outlandish One able to create some space and heads to the corner for the tag, but stopped by Young. EY heads to the top rope for a deadlift suspending guillotine on the smaller competitor. SAnitY cutting the ring in half as any good team should. Wolfe back in now moshing before he mashes Swann into the corner. Wolfe in for a cover but only a two. Nikki Cross looking a bit deranged on the outside. Crowd gets behind Swann, the Cruiserweight Champ creates some space, and they hit a double clothesline. Each crawls to their partner for the tag and Jose cleans house with his baseball chops. TKO and a cover for a two as Wolfe breaks it up. Swann back in and hits a big somersault dive to the outside, great catch on a dangerous move from Swann.
As action carries outside the ring, Big Damo makes an appearance on the outside and SAnitY seems spooked. Young hits his finisher for the win. Damo picks up and slams down Fulton's jacket and makes his exit. SAnitY in some team discussion after the match.
Winner via Pinfall: SAnitY
- Backstage with Mr. William Regal. He says Revival gets their rematch against #DIY in a few weeks, and the winner faces Authors of Pain at NXT Takeover: San Antonio. Tye Dillinger comes into the office and teases a potential retirement announcement before Regal interrupts. He unveils a new tournament to determine #1 Contender for the NXT Championship and wants Dillinger to be in it.
- Look back at the tag match we just saw. Interviewer tries to catch up with SAnitY but no response. Nikki Cross spots the NXT Women's Championship and takes a look at it before Asuka takes it back. They have a standoff before we head back to the ring.
Ember Moon vs. Kimber Lee
Good to see more top talent on NXT. Lee goes for a test of strength on Moon. Lee gets the initial advantage, but Moon reverses into a monkey flip almost the whole way across the ring. Moon quickens the pace, but is immediately slowed with a big side slam from Lee. Kimber Lee goes in for some chops, but that only fires up Moon. Lee gets Moon up into a power bomb position, but Moon fights out. Lee with more strikes and a big kick takes Ember down for a cover. Drop kick from Moon sends Lee into the corner. Rolling forearm sets Moon up for her top rope twisting stunner and the victory.
Winner via Pinfall: Ember Moon
- Reveal of the eight competitors in the NXT Championship tournament. They include Tye Dillinger vs. Eric Young, Elias Samson vs. Roderick Strong, Oney Lorcan vs. Bobby Roode, and Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. No Way Jose.
Samoa Joe (C) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (NXT Championship Match)
Great reaction for both competitors as the Japanese crowd continues Nakamura's theme after the music cuts. During the introductions, the crowd rains down the traditional streamers. Ring crew clears the canvas and we're under way. Fantastic lighting and ambiance for this match.
They feel each other out early with some tie-ups and strikes. Nakamura lures Joe in for a pair of knees which sets up Good Vibrations in the corner not once but twice. The champ rolls out of harm's way to recollect his thoughts. Referee tries to break up a hold on the ropes, but Joe appears to rake the eyes while the official wasn't looking. We head to break.
Back from a short commercial and Joe has an STF locked in on the hometown star, pulling on the shoulder and back of Nakamura. Nakamura blocks a slam, and this one turns into an old fashioned fight. Nakamura nearly locks in the triangle, but Joe able to make the ropes to break. Reverse exploder blocked by Joe, but Nakamura turns it into a German suplex. Nakamura lines up for the Kinshasa but Joe catches him for a beautifully crisp power slam. Joe back in control, places Nakamura on the rope, and goes for the Muscle Buster. Nakamura blocks and immediately tries for another Kinshasa which Joe is able to duck. Coquina Clutch locked in and is transitioned into a series of suplexes. Joe covers for a two, Nakamura kicks out to the appreciation of the crowd.
Joe goes for another Muscle Buster, kick from Nakamura, but Joe flips up for an enziguri that sends Nakamura to the floor. Joe looking to end things with the steel steps, but not this time. Nakamura then hits repeated elbows and they both head back to the ring. They trade shots in the middle of the ring, finally ending with a Nakamura kick followed by another. Nakamura gets Joe up, but the larger man just too much for the tired legs of Nakamura. Shinsuke up top with a knee strike. He sets back up for the Kinshasa and hits it! One, two, THREE! Nakamura is your NEWWW NXT Champion, crowned for the second time.
Winner via Pinfall & NEW NXT Champion: Shinsuke Nakamura
- After the match, Nakamura celebrates with his home crowd and finishes with a signature "Yeaoh" before he exits.
- It is announced that Nakamura will defend his championship again next week against Samoa Joe. The rematch will take place in a steel cage during the live event in Australia. The match appears to scheduled for next week's episode of NXT.