Welcome to our WrestlingINC.com Live WWE SmackDown Viewing Party. We will be providing live ongoing coverage of tonight’s SmackDown, while you all can chime in with your thoughts throughout the show.
Please help spread word of tonight’s coverage. Twitter users, please share this page by clicking the ‘Share’ button below:
Keep hitting REFRESH on your browser to get the most up-to-date results.
– Tonight’s WWE SmackDown opens up with a look at what happened between Kevin Owens and suspended SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon last week. Vince McMahon will be here tonight to address the situation.
– We’re live from Las Vegas as Tom Phillips welcomes us. He’s joined by Byron Saxton and Corey Graves.
– We go right to the ring and out comes Kevin Owens.
Owens welcomes us to The Kevin Owens Show and gets a mixed reaction. We better get used to hearing him say that because we all saw Shane McMahon’s cowardly attack on him last week. Owens points out how he did not fight back because he respects authority. Owens says he’s suing everyone in WWE, every McMahon, every board member, everybody until SmackDown is his. Owens goes on and says the first person getting fired will be Sami Zayn. He’s not going to fire Byron or Tom but he’s going to make them wear the same suit every week. He’s also canceling The Fashion Files forever. Owens says before he continues, there is one person he needs to talk to. He calls Mr. McMahon to the ring. The music hits and out comes Shane instead. Owens throws a fit as Shane comes dancing out. It’s actually Dolph Ziggler dressed as Shane.
Owens and Ziggler share a laugh and Owens thanks him for entertaining us, saying we will see him later tonight. The music interrupts Owens again and out comes SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan. Bryan informs Owens that he is still in charge of the show. Owens has plans to make Bryan the janitor once he takes over. Bryan says he’s not opposed to some manual labor and says Owens should try it. Bryan tells Owens to just wait because Mr. McMahon will be here very soon and Owens will not like what he has to say. Owens says he can’t wait until McMahon gets here and he will not like what Owens has to say. Owens drops the mic and walks off.
– Still to come, The New Day vs. The Usos in a Street Fight. Also, Natalya defends against Naomi and AJ Styles defends against Tye Dillinger. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers talk about how to help victims of Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma.
WWE United States Title Match: Tye Dillinger vs. AJ Styles
We go to the ring and out comes WWE United States Champion AJ Styles. We see video of what led to this match last week. Tye Dillinger is out next.
The bell rings and they go at it. They run the ropes and trade counters. Dillinger with a neckbreaker early on. AJ comes right back with a dropkick. They end up tangling on the apron and Dillinger shoves AJ into the ring post. AJ falls to the floor and is down as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Dillinger has control of AJ in the corner but AJ fights out with a powerbomb. More back and forth now. AJ misses a pele kick but comes right back and drops Dillinger. Dillinger dumps AJ to the apron. AJ rocks Tye and goes for a Phenomenal Forearm but Baron Corbin runs down and jumps on the apron. AJ hits Corbin with the forearm instead. Dillinger takes advantage and covers for a 2 count.
AJ blocks the Tye Breaker but Tye blocks the Styles Clash. Tye hits the Tye Breaker without exposing his knee. AJ kicks out at 2. AJ ends up applying the Calf Crusher for the win.
Winner: AJ Styles
– After the match, AJ stands tall as we go to replays. AJ waits as Tye limps to his feet. AJ raises the title and extends his hand for a shake. Tye shakes and AJ backs out of the ring but Corbin pulls him to the floor. Corbin launches AJ over the barrier. Tye comes out but Corbin drops him as fans boo. Corbin hits AJ with End of Days on the floor. Corbin tells AJ that he will be the opponent for next week’s US Title Open Challenge. Fans boo as Corbin drops the mic.
– Dasha Fuentes is backstage with Rusev, who has requested time to discuss his recent trip back home to Bulgaria. He says the quick loss to Randy Orton at SummerSlam was the most humiliating moment of his life. He needed to go back home and recharge with family but they greeted him with shame, not open arms. They expected him to come back home a winner but he came back a loser. Rusev declares that he is not a loser. He lost his killer instinct but he knows what he has to do to get it back. He must break a legend. Rusev walks off.
– Still to come, the Sin City Street Fight.
– Jinder Mahal and The Singh Brothers are backstage walking. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes The Singh Brothers to the stage. They introduce WWE Champion Jinder Mahal and out he comes.
Jinder gives props to his WWE Hell In a Cell opponent Shinsuke Nakamura and talks about his preparation for the match. He shows photos of Nakamura’s face on the big screen, saying he looks constipated. The Singh Brothers are rolling around on the mat laughing, showing how they can’t act. Jinder goes on and advises Nakamura to just walk away because the suffering he feels won’t be worth it. Jinder speaks in Punjabi next. Jinder raises the WWE Title and leaves as his music hits.
– Kevin Owens is backstage talking to a staffer about changes he wants made to the show. He sees Sami Zayn and walks over to ask how he’s doing. Owens says he’s having a great night. Owens recalls a night after wrestling in front of 42 people at an armory years ago, when they promised to do what it takes to get to WWE so they’d never have to do that again. Owens says here he is about to own WWE while Sami is about to be out of a job. Owens says when things get rough and Sami can’t pay the rent and the armories start calling again, he’s giving Sami permission to break the promise. Sami says he would rather go back to working for the armories before he ever worked for Owens. Sami walks off.
– Still to come, The Usos defend. Back to commercial.
Sin City Street Fight for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles: The New Day vs. The Usos
Back from the break and out comes The New Day’s Kofi Kingston and Big E. Tom says Xavier Woods is not coming out because The New Day doesn’t want The Usos to have any excuses. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos are out next as Greg Hamilton does the introductions.
The bell rings and the two teams start brawling in the middle of the ring. Kofi and Big E go under the ring and bring a table out as fans pop. The Usos are recovering on the floor as The New Day stand the table up. The Usos backdrop Kofi on the floor and double team Big E, sending him face first into the ring post. The Usos stand tall as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Usos have Big E down in the corner. A steel chair has been wedged above him. We see how they whipped Big E into the chair a few times during the break. Jey Usos ends up blocking a Big Ending and superkicking the chair into Big E with an assist from Jimmy Uso. Kofi is still down on the floor. Jey goes out and keeps Kofi down. Jey tosses a kendo stick into the ring. The Usos take turns on Big E with the stick now while talking some trash.
The Usos tie Big E up in the top and middle rope now. Kofi runs in and takes out Jimmy. Jey charges with the stick but Kofi takes him out and nails a dropkick. Kofi grabs the kendo st and goes to work on both opponents with it. Kofi unloads with the stick on Jimmy, destroying it. Jey catches Kofi but misses in the corner. Jey gets dumped out to the floor. Jimmy misses in the corner and hits the steel chair. Kofi takes the chair to the top as a “this is awesome” chant starts off. Kofi with a big double stomp with the chair from the top but Jimmy kicks out at 2.
Jimmy goes to the floor to avoid a pin but Kofi throws a chair at him. Kofi goes to the top and leaps onto both opponents but they catch him and launch him into the barrier. Big E with a belly-to-belly on one of the Usos. Big E slams the other into the announce table a few times face first. Big E tosses Uso over the announce table and rips the top off it. Big E goes back into the ring for a Uranage on Jimmy. Jey comes in but Big E hits him with a belly-to-belly. Big E dances over The Usos now. He runs the ropes and splashes them both.
Big E drops the straps and waits. He goes for a Big Ending but it’s blocked. Jey gets sent to the floor but Jimmy rolls Big E up for a 2 count. Big E ends up hitting the Big Ending but Jey runs in to break the pin up. The Usos with an enziguri and a double superkick on Big E now. They go to the top for the double Superfly splash but Kofi pushes Jey off the top through a table at ringside. Jimmy can’t believe it. He charges but Kofi kicks him in the head. The New Day hits the Midnight Hour on Jimmy for the titles.
Winners and New SmackDown Tag Team Champions: The New Day
– After the match, Xavier Woods hits the ring to celebrate with his partners. We go to replays as the new champs dance around.
– We see Daniel Bryan backstage talking to a staffer. Still to come, Naomi vs. Natalya. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers hype The Mae Young Classic finals later tonight. We see YouTube star Inanna Sarkis and former UFC star Ronda Rousey at ringside.
SmackDown Women’s Title Match: Naomi vs. Natalya
Greg Hamilton does formal ring introductions as Natalya and Naomi are already waiting in the ring. Carmella is on commentary and she has James Ellsworth on a leash.
Back and forth to start the match. Naomi with a kick to drop Natalya for an early pin attempt. Naomi talks some trash and strikes Natalya in the face. Natalya comes right back and slams Naomi face first into the turnbuckles. Natalya with a 2 count. Natalya stands tall as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they both go down after colliding in the middle of the ring. They get up and Naomi connects with kicks. Naomi drops Natalya with scissors. Naomi with an overhead kick to the nose. Naomi keeps control and hits a springboard leg drop while Natalya is on the second rope. Natalya kicks out at 2.
Natalya turns it around after Natalya misses a split-legged moonsault. Natalya goes for the Sharpshooter but Naomi blocks it and sends her out to the floor. Carmella and Ellsworth get in the way with the Money In the Bank briefcase. Naomi comes off the top and takes both of them down. Natalya sends Naomi into the ring post. Natalya brings it back into the ring and applies the Sharpshooter for the win.
– After the match, Natalya takes her title and stands tall as Carmella and Ellsworth look on from ringside. Natalya leaves with her title as we go to replays. Natalya raises the title on the ramp and looks back at the ring.
– Aiden English is backstage singing when Kevin Owens walks up. Owens says unlike everyone else here, he enjoys Aiden’s beautiful voice. Owens says English would be perfect to sing the lyrics for the new SmackDown theme song when he takes over. Aiden sings a line about The Kevin Owens Show and Owens likes it.
– Still to come, Mr. McMahon will be here. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Dolph Ziggler. He declares that he’s the greatest performer in WWE history and rants on gimmicks & elaborate entrances once again. Ziggler leaves and comes back out to Bayley’s entrance. Fans boo him. Ziggler rants some more and comes back out to WWE Hall of Famer The Ultimate Warrior’s entrance. Wearing a Warrior mask, Ziggler runs around the ring, hits the ropes and everything. Fans boo him. Ziggler says this is what it’s come to – tassels, face paint, blow-up dolls and running like an idiot. This is what fans think makes a star. Ziggler says anyone can do what he just did but no one can do what he does in the ring… no one, but none of the fans could care less. And Ziggler doesn’t care about them. Ziggler drops the mic and leaves the ring.
– Daniel Bryan is backstage on the phone waiting for Vince McMahon. Back to commercial.
Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable vs. Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley
Back from the break and The Hype Bros are wrapping up their entrance. Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable are out next for their second match together.
Mojo starts off with Gable and they trade holds. Shelton with an early tag to take control of Mojo. Mojo fights back but Shelton drops him. Mojo comes right back and floors Shelton. Ryder tags in for some double teaming int he corner. Ryder drops Shelton on his face for a 2 count as Gable breaks the pin.
Mojo gets sent into the ring post. Ryder makes the save and ends up going at it with Shelton. Ryder goes for the Rough Ryder but Shelton blocks it and drops him. Shelton grabs Ryder for a powerbomb but Gable tags in. Shelton holds Ryder while Gable goes to the top for the assisted powerbomb. Gable covers for the pin.
Winners: Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable
– After the match, the two teams meet in the middle of the ring and Mojo shakes the hands of Shelton and Gable. Ryder walks off after refusing to shake.
– We see Vince McMahon backstage talking to Daniel Bryan. Vince walks off towards the ring. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Kevin Owens to the ring again. Owens waits until the “No Chance” music hits and out comes Vince McMahon to a big pop.
Owens says hell to Vince and asks if it’s alright to call him that. Owens says this is a first for him – standing in the ring with the Chairman and COO of WWE. Now he gets to feel what every other WWE Superstar ahead of him has felt – Vince is intimidated. Vince says he doesn’t feel intimidated, it’s more like he feels nauseated. Vince says Owens came out last week and disparaged the McMahon name, made some crazy comments and got jumped by Shane McMahon. Vince says Owens didn’t fight back because he respects authority, it was because he couldn’t, because Shane was beating his ass. Vince asks Owens how he has any respect at all when he looks in a mirror. Vince takes a shot at “big bad Kevin Owens” for threatening to sue everyone in WWE.
Vince says the minute Owens files the lawsuit, he will be on the phone with Owens’ attorney and Owens will quickly hear these words… Kevin Owens, you’re fired! Like only Vince can. A big “yes!” chant starts up now. Vince tells Owens to go ahead and file the lawsuit. Vince asks Owens if he has any idea how many lawsuits and court battles Vince has been in. Vince says he hasn’t lost a single one. Vince says the laws of the land are written for people like him… billionaires. Vince says the lawsuit won’t make it to court for years but by the time it does, there will also be a “B” next to Owens’ name… bankrupt. Vince tells Owens to file the lawsuit and see what happens.
Owens asks Vince if he understands – Shane put his hands on him. Vince says he suspended Shane for that. Not so much putting his hands on Owens but because he didn’t finish the job. Vince suspended Shane because he didn’t hit Owens hard enough, because he didn’t yank his liver out and show it to him, he didn’t knock his bowels to the floor. Vince says Owens made disparaging comments on the family and got what he deserved. Vince says he is reinstating Shane and there won’t be a lawsuit, there will be a match – Owens vs. Shane, inside Hell In a Cell at the HIAC pay-per-view next month. The crowd pops. Owens says that’s fine but he needs Vince to promise he won’t get fired after he beats Shane senseless. Owens needs Vince to give his word, that if provoked, he can beat a McMahon senseless. Vince gives his word.
Vince and Owens shake hands in the middle of the ring. They’re having some words also. Owens drops Vince with a headbutt. Vince is busted open. Owens says Vince just gave his word that he can beat a McMahon senseless. Owens drops the mic as fans boo. Vince stumbles to his feet and swings but Owens blocks it and drops him with a punch. A referee runs down as Vince tries to get up again. Owens kicks Vince in the gut while he’s down. Two more referees are out now, trying to get Owens to leave the ring. Vince tries to get to his feet again. Owens looks to leave the ring but he stops and drops Vince with a superkick. Owens attacks the referees. He goes to the top for a Frogsplash on Vince but producer Adam Pearce runs down and warns Owens not to. Owens hits the Frogsplash on Vince. Pearce yells at Owens and checks on Vince. A trainer is out to check on Vince now. Fans chant “holy s–t” as Owens looks down at Vince. We go to replays.
Owens looks on from the ramp as Stephanie McMahon marches out. She gets in his face and orders him to the back. Stephanie heads to the ring as they are helping Vince out of the ring. They have a stretcher there but Vince stumbles right past it. Owens stares back from the stage as Vince limps up the stage. He drops to his knees and mumbles something about his ribs hurting. They help Vince to the back as SmackDown goes off the air.